Chapter 34

Naruto was furious when Shikamaru returned to the balcony. He couldn't accept that the Nara just gave up. Hinari just took it like that. He probably had no desire to get any further and had done what was right for him. Inwardly, she was glad that he wasn't in the next round. That way she could fight Temari and test her jutsus. Little did she know that it wouldn't come to that.

Once again, minutes passed while everyone waited for Sasuke. Gaara slowly grew impatient, causing his chakra to change. Hinari drew in her breath sharply as she felt the force. Not even Naruto had experienced it like this. Whatever was inside Gaara would show when the time came. She could feel the desire to kill in him.

"There he is!" someone shouted and Hinari raised her head. Sure enough, Sasuke appeared with Kakashi. Without emotion, Gaara ran past the other participants to get to Sasuke. It hadn't escaped Hinari's notice how happy he was. Naruto had also noticed, dragging Shikamaru with him and seeing how Gaara was still killing. They had to do something!

Naruto quickly grabbed Hinari's hand to pull her along. She stumbled over her feet several times as he was much too fast. "Sensei Kakashi! You have to stop the fight!" Naruto shouted quickly and let go of Hinari, who had to take a deep breath. "Why?" he asked, confused. "Gaara has nothing good in mind!"

Kakashi could see that his student was worried and looked briefly at the battlefield. "You don't have to worry. Sasuke has everything under control."

Hinari lay her head down questioningly and listened to the chirping of the birds. But it wasn't a normal chirping, she realized. Sasuke had learned the chidori, which he now used to get through the sand. Just when Sasuke was sure he had almost won, Gaara cried out. He had actually hit him.

The rage in Gaara rose, causing him to change and now knock Sasuke off him. His left arm was made of pure sand, while his face resembled a bloodthirsty monster. Right at that moment, feathers fell from the sky, causing everyone around Hinari to fall over. "What's going on?" the Uchiha asked. "A genjutsu," Kakashi explained, as he was the first to release the jutsu. He was sure that Hinari didn't mind.

Sakura was the next to dissolve the jutsu. She was confused and heard the sounds of fighting everywhere. "Sakura! Wake up Naruto and Shikamaru, I have a mission for you!" he ordered when he had to protect her from a ninja.

"Jutsu of the familiar spirit.", Kakashi spoke while the Haruno woke her comrade. "Pakkun, accompany her on her mission." "But sensei, what kind of mission is it?" asked Naruto, rubbing his eyes. "Your mission is to catch up with Sasuke and stop Gaara."

Hinari widened her eyes. Sasuke had gone after Gaara? How stupid did he just have to be! "Hey Shikamaru! Don't tell me you're sleeping!" Sakura scolded him before Pakkun bit his leg. "Ouuuch..." he said annoyed and looked at the dog. "You undid the Justu and pretended to be asleep! Why!"

Shikamaru looked at the pink-haired girl. "I don't feel like it, it's way too annoying..." Laughing, Hinari helped her friend up, who had to go with her for better or worse. "Hinari, you're going to stay with me!" Kakashi ordered. "Why? I'm part of the team." she grumbled slightly. Why wasn't she allowed to stay with Sasuke? "We can make good use of your Sharingan here!"

She breathed out softly and felt a hand on her shoulder. "We'll manage." Naruto grinned. He would get the Uchiha back and keep him from doing anything stupid. "All right. Take care of yourselves." Hinari asked. If Kakashi needed her here, then she would help.

After the three of them had disappeared with Pakkun, Hinari activated her Sharingan to support Kakashi and Guy, who were probably having a competition. Someone should understand them.