Chapter 23

A few days passed, during which Naruto and Sasuke had trained and Hinari and Sakura had protected the bridge builder. Like every evening, the team had been given plenty of food. Even when Sasuke and Naruto had trained until they dropped, they still filled their bellies.

The two of them sat at the table completely exhausted. They had finally made it to the top of the tree. Hinari had congratulated them and was sipping her tea. "What's the point of training if you're going to die? You can't do anything!" yelled Inari behind Naruto, who was annoyed.

"Now listen, you little crybaby! I don't care what you think about us ninja! But I'm not just going to sit around and do nothing! People die, so get over it!"

With these words, he made Inari cry, who immediately ran off. Even if it sounded harsh, Hinari had to agree with Naruto. He had the parents and she? She had lost hers in the Kyuubi's attack. She had lost Shisui, who had given his life for Itachi and Konoha. She and Sasuke had lost the clan. Hinari knew exactly how Inari and Naruto felt.

The next day, Team 7 accompanied the bridge builder. All except Naruto, who was supposed to rest according to Kakashi. He had trained again the same night and returned to the house late in the evening. This was no problem for the rest of his students. After all, there were still three of them.

"What the..." Tazuna breathed. "What happened?" he asked a worker who was lying injured on the ground. He tried to tell Tazuna what had happened, but failed because he had no strength left.

In the same minute, fog appeared and the team knew exactly who was responsible. "So you really are still alive. The Anbu and you, working together, am I right?" A laugh echoed through the fog. "Not bad, Kakashi Hatake."

In the middle of the side, two people appeared. Standing next to Zabuza was the Anbu who had saved his life. "Oh, someone's already shaking with fear." Zabuza grinned mockingly. "I'm not trembling with fear, but with joy at being able to defeat you." Sasuke spoke and attacked.

His movements were quick and as soon as he reached Zabuza, the Anbu interfered. "So, there's someone who can keep up with you, Haku." the nukenin grinned. "I'll take care of him." As quickly as Sasuke could, he dodged the attacks of Haku, who was just as fast, if not faster, than Sasuke.

What the Uchiha did not know was that Haku possessed a Kekkei Genkai, which he was now using. "Ice style, ice mirror prison!" Several rectangular ice mirrors formed around Sasuke in which he could look at himself. His eyes searched each one to find this Haku. "Sasuke!" shouted Hinari, who was blinded by the mirrors. Although the sun could not be seen, the ice mirrors glittered, giving Hinari no chance of recognizing anything. "Stay where you are!" shouted Sasuke when he realized the situation. Even if he could use her help right now, she couldn't do anything here unless she used her Sharingan.

Hinari only noticed the fight between Kakashi and Zabuza from the sidelines. Although she shouldn't mind not being able to see through the glare, she was limited. She had never been able to see anything at all. She always had the shadows and the light vision of her healthy eyes.

 Right now, when Sasuke was in trouble, she couldn't help. The only thing she could do was to use her Sharingan. The chakra she had channeled into her feet flowed up to her eyes, activating her Sharingan. "What..but Hinari..."

Sakura had widened her eyes and gulped as she recognized the red pupils. "You stay with the bridge builder." Hinari said and ran to Kakashi to support him. Why didn't she go to Sasuke? Well, the chakra of Naruto had approached, who had just appeared and was about to join Sasuke in the ice prison.

"Jutsu of the flaming fireball!" Zabuza had to dodge quickly when the fire came too close. His sword automatically swung out and slid towards the girl, who was able to dodge without any problems. "What..." he breathed and froze. The girl had the Sharingan!