Chapter 58

In the morning, Hinari came back to the training ground rested to see Naruto's progress. However, just like the day before, she had a strange feeling that she still hadn't gotten rid of. "Hey, how's it going?" she asked and immediately stared at the shadow doppelgangers who were trying to split the waterfall. Kakashi had made himself comfortable on a bench and was quietly reading his flirting paradise. "He's making progress." said Yamato, who already looked quite exhausted. It must be exhausting to have to suppress the bijuu all the time.

"Uhm, Kakashi?" The jonin looked questioningly at his pupil. "Are you familiar with the Susanoo?" Just as he was about to answer her, she explained the reason for her question. However, she kept to herself that it had shattered her chakra. Maybe Naruto would be able to do it without getting hurt thanks to the Kyuubi.

"I don't know enough about it. But we can try if you create the first stage." the Hatake considered. Smiling, the Uchiha nodded, activated her Mangekyou Sharingan and used her Susanoo. The red skeleton embraced her body and created an arm. She didn't even notice that Naruto had stopped training and was looking at Hinari with fascination. Since when could she do that?

"All right, then try to get the jutsu into the Susanoo." said Kakashi, who had put his book down. Concentrating, Hinari looked at the skeletal hand and narrowed her eyes. If Shisui had a drill as an arm, then she could use a jutsu as a weapon. "But Kakashi, if she uses her mangekyou, her vision will also fade." Yamato voiced his concerns and Hinari looked at him with a grin. "Mine works differently."

Confused, Yamato looked at the Uchiha. How, different? "I didn't get my Sharingan and the Mangekyou Sharingan as usual. I only sensed the great losses or saw them from a memory." Hinari began to explain. Back then, Itachi had put her into a genjutsu to show her the truth. And it was precisely because of this great loss and grief that she had expanded her Sharingan. "Besides, I've been blind before. I've never felt anything in my eyes before. I don't feel anything now either." Yamato looked at the girl in astonishment. Could it really be that she was the only Uchiha who didn't have to change her eyes?

After Hinari's explanation, she tried to transmit the jutsu again, which slowly took shape. The skeleton was illuminated by a ball of chakra, which turned a deep reddish yellow. Heat shot out of the sphere, which grew larger and larger. And although Hinari had promised to take a break, she couldn't. Her ambition had been awakened and so she added even more fire chakra. All around her, she generated pure heat that could be felt. Sweat ran down her companions while she herself felt nothing. Her Susanoo protected her and created a grass goose, which was surrounded by fire. "Boaaaah!" cried Naruto in amazement. That's what a fire-lawn goose looked like?!

"Hinari! End the jutsu!" shouted Kakashi when he noticed how the grass started to catch fire. As if Hinari was in her thoughts, she shook her head and deactivated her Sharingan. There was only a gentle warmth where the heat had been. "Sorry..." she said softly.

She hadn't thought that she could have hurt her comrades. "It's okay." Kakashi managed to get out and had to smile softly. "I think I know now why your pattern resembles a sun." Hinari looked up questioningly. That's right, her Mangekyou Sharingan resembled a sun. She never knew why, except that Shisui had always called her sunshine. "Your fire rasengan also looks like the sun. It also emits pure heat. I don't know how hot the sun can get, but I think it can reach the same or higher heat as the sun."

Hinari looked at her sensei with wide eyes. Could it really be that this was the reason for her pattern? That Shisui knew what she could do and had called her Sunshine because of it? Had she never used her Mangekyou Sharingan because she hadn't gotten the skill yet? She couldn't take control of other people like Shisui could.

She couldn't use the Amaterasu like Itachi. No, she could generate a heat that could burn everything like fire. If she used that with her Susanoo, she didn't want to know what she could destroy with it. Knowing what she could do frightened her.