Chapter 60

Hinari decided to stay with him for the day. After Shikamaru had calmed down a little, he simply lay down, exhausted. Hinari had just placed his head on her lap with a smile so that he could get some sleep. But Shikamaru couldn't think of much sleep at all. He kept waking up and looking at the shogi stones scattered around the room. One in particular caught his eye. "The king..."

"Hinari...?" he asked quietly. "Hm?" "Who is the king?" he wanted to know from her and stretched out his hand to the stone he was holding. Asuma had entrusted him with this royal figure. "The children why?" Surprised that she knew, Shikamaru turned his head to look at her. Smiling, Hinari looked down at her boyfriend. "When you were at the chunin exam, I played shogi with Asuma." she said.

"Where you lost." Hinari laughed briefly and nodded. "Exactly, but that's not the point. Asuma asked me the same question." she clarified and told him what she had answered. "He said that I wasn't allowed to tell you anything and that you had to come up with the answer yourself when he asked you the question." the black-haired woman smiled. "He told me just before he died..." the Nara murmured. He had a few words for each team member. Asuma was proud of each of them and had whispered it to him. Whispered why the children were the kings. He had resolved to be there for Kurenai and her child, which he also told Hinari.

"That sounds good. I'm sure you'll be a good protector." Hinari smiled and looked at the game piece. Shikamaru continued to think. He went over the fight again and again. How could he defeat these two Akatsuki members? This Hidan just couldn't be killed. He had even lost his head.

"Tell me, are you familiar with immortality?" asked Shikamaru, sitting up. "What do you mean?" "That Hidan, he lost his head and still lived on." Hinari thought about it. At some point, Itachi had given her the names of the members so that she wouldn't think of attacking them. "Are you talking about a Jashinist?"

Shikamaru's eyes widened. Yes, that's it! The mark that Hidan had drawn on the ground, which he also wore as a necklace. Shikamaru quickly gave his girlfriend a kiss on the lips, who couldn't even react and looked at him questioningly. The Nara collected all the shogi pieces and set up the board to place all the pieces on it. "Eh, Shikamaru?"

Without reacting, he continued, sat down in front of it and lost himself in his thoughts. Thanks to Hinari, he knew what Hidan was. But how could he defeat him?

"Can I help you?" Hinari asked as she sat down next to him. Slightly amused, Shikamaru shook his head. "I'm sorry, Hinari. You'd mess everything up if you helped me with the shogi." Slightly offended, the Uchiha crossed her arms. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"I intend to defeat this Hidan and his partner. To do that, I need several strategies that will work," he explained, causing Hinari to exhale. "That's all right. Just say that I'm a loser." "You're not a loser. You've improved. But I really need to think of something safe."

The Uchiha nodded and relaxed her arms again. So he was planning to compete against Akatsuki. Smiling, she looked at her friend. "Tell me when you have a solution. I will support you." His eyes briefly turned to the Uchiha. The corners of his mouth lifted.

Hinari was really something special, something he had recognized from the very beginning at the academy. He was glad that she was with him, supporting him. His mother had been right in what she had said to him. "I'm warning you Shikamaru! You won't find such a sweet girl everywhere! Hold her tight and don't hurt her! Treat her right and if I find out you're hurting her, I'll wring your neck!"

Shikamaru would never let this girl go. He would never let Hinari go.