Chapter 56

A few days had passed since Hinari had been with Shikamaru. She had met up with him from time to time. Whether to play shogi or just to talk and look at the clouds. The Nara had noticed for himself that it was good to talk to someone. He would never have thought that it could be so easy with the Uchiha. Nevertheless, he was glad that she was the one who owned his heart. She didn't force him to do anything, which he was relieved about. Hinari didn't try to change him. Shikamaru remained Shikamaru no matter what happened. But everyone had noticed that the Nara had changed slightly. He had become more open and was no longer too annoyed. But only when Hinari was around.

A few hours ago, Naruto had started training with Kakashi. The reason was simple. He wanted to get stronger and Kakashi had told him that the fourth Hokage couldn't complete his Rasengan.

Since Hinari didn't have much to do and Shikamaru was visiting a monk with his team, she watched Naruto's training. But her inner feeling told her that something was about to happen. And this uneasy feeling grew stronger and stronger. "And how am I supposed to combine this?" asked Naruto after he had been told about the chakra elements and had mastered the wind. "If you keep adding some wind chakra to your Rasengan, you'll be able to master the jutsu with a lot of training. I think that since you can summon many shadow doppelgangers, you can also learn it faster." Kakashi explained. Actually, it wasn't a bad idea to use the shadow doppelgangers.

"Apart from you, I only know one person in Konoha who knows about wind chakra. Asuma Sarutobi, but he's not here at the moment." The jonin smiled and Hinari wondered if he could just learn about it from someone else.

"Is it possible to mix this Rasengan with other elements?" asked the Uchiha and received a questioning look. "I mean, the Rasengan consists of natural chakra. I wonder if you can combine any element." Kakashi looked at his student. He had never thought about that before. "Could be, why?" Smiling, Hinari stood up and looked at Naruto, Kakashi and Yamato. "Then I'll train with Naruto until I connect it to my fire chakra!"

"Hinari, you can't do the Rasengan." Yamato reprimanded and heard a cheerful laugh from her. "I can copy it with my Sharingan, so it won't be a problem to get this orb." Naruto looked at his friend enthusiastically. He was glad that she was with him. She supported him and Sakura in every way. The fact that the Hinari now wanted to learn the same jutsu with him made him very happy. "All right, let's get started then." Kakashi said with a smile and explained the training plan.

Listening to Hinari, it sounded pretty strict. However, she was used to a lot of training. When she had also copied the Rasengan and practiced a little with it, she began to train properly with Naruto. There were several shadow doppelgangers in the area that Yamato had built earlier. The waterfall splashed down onto the small lake, which gave the practitioners plenty of cooling. The heat of the sun rose more and more and Hinari soon realized that there was no point in continuing. But Naruto's determination didn't let her give up just yet.

"Hinari, take a break.", Kakashi said and looked at Yamato, who had to keep the Kyuubi under control. "I can still." Hinari said, but suddenly her shadow doppelgangers fizzled out and Hinari's Rasengan was just a small mini-ball which became smaller and smaller and finally disappeared. Exhausted, the Uchiha sank to her knees. "Hinari!" cried Naruto.

"She's fine. She just doesn't have as much chakra as you Naruto." Kakashi explained and thought it was time for a break. Hinari exhaled and drank from her water to moisten her dry throat. This was more exhausting than she thought. At first she thought she had mastered the jutsu faster. An Uchiha always had a lot of talent. Why didn't she get it right away? Would Shisui or Itachi have been able to do it?

"Oii Hinari, Naruto!" shouted Sakura, who watched the training for a moment. "Sakura!" the Uzumaki exclaimed happily and looked at her basket. "What's that?" "Food pills. I made them for you." The Haruno smiled and Naruto immediately took one and coughed. They were bitter.

Hinari looked at Naruto, who grimaced and smirked. However, he accepted the basket kindly and brought it to Hinari, who took out a few balls without hesitation and ate them. The Uchiha chewed briefly until the bitter taste came out clearly, but she did not grimace. "Huh!" asked Naruto, making Hinari laugh. "It's normal for some to be bitter, Naruto." Naruto mumbled something unintelligible for a moment and looked at Sakura, who laughed cheerfully.

After a few minutes, the Uchiha stood up, stretched and grinned. "It can go on!" Hinari looked at her in surprise. How could her body regenerate so quickly? What had Sakura put in those food pills?