Chapter 77

Her eyes literally stared at her brother, who stood opposite her with a smile. Her whole body trembled as her eyes filled with tears. How many times had the Uchiha wished to see her brother again? Her heart raced as feelings of happiness coursed through her body. But as beautiful as this feeling was, she knew that there was a plan behind it. A plan that came from Madara Uchiha, who didn't want Hinari to get too involved in the war.

"You've become beautiful, Hinari." Shisii smiled and noticed how she was literally staring at him. He also noticed that she kept her distance, which he could understand. He knew what was going on here and was glad that Hinari wasn't immediately around his neck. "We're in a war, aren't we?" he asked, receiving a nod from his little sister.

"I'm sorry. I know that you and Itachi wanted peace." She said, watching his every move. "I know. Itachi told me everything after he died. Also that you can see. I'm glad to hear that." the Uchiha smiled and couldn't help but laugh a little. "So my little sister has a boyfriend." Hinari had to smile automatically. "Yes, his name is Shikamaru."

Shisui nodded and was glad that she could have a happy future, let alone that the war would be over. His eyes turned to the katana she was carrying on her back. So Itachi had kept his promises, even if it was in other ways. His eyes turned to the shinobi still fighting behind his sister. So Edo Tensei really did have such an effect on the dead. He felt a small twitch as he realized someone was trying to control him.

Hinari had realized it quickly when Shisui had activated his Mangekyou Sharingan. "Don't look him in the eye!" she shouted immediately and closed her eyes. "Who's that now!" shouted Kankuro, who was still busy with Sasori. "That's my brother! With his Mangekyou Sharingan, he can influence and control a person!"

Her comrades had quickly realized what was at stake and would have to leave the fight to Hinari. She was the only one who could stand up to Shisui without looking into his eyes. "Hi..Hinari..it.." "I know Shisui-Nii." she interrupted her brother. She knew that he was no longer in his own control. Slowly, the Uchiha gripped her katana, which she held tightly in her hand. She had a plan, but she had to wait for Shisui to activate his ability.

After a short breeze blew through her hair, Shisui attacked. His kunais repeatedly hit her katana, which she already had a good grip on. Due to the vibrations she felt through the ground, it was no problem to dodge. At that moment, Hinari was glad that she had been blind and had practiced everything. She would never have thought that such a limitation would one day help her so much. "Watch out!" Hinari heard and was just able to jump to the side when a kunai shot towards her. So Shisui wasn't completely out of control.

"Jutsu of the flaming fireball!" Hinari shouted when Shisui stopped for a moment. But at the same time, he used the same jutsu. Fire collided, which ignited a huge heat wave, forcing Hinari's comrades to retreat. They realized that it was too dangerous to be nearby and moved their own fight a little further away.

"You have become strong." Shisui spoke. A small smile appeared on Hinari's face. It made her proud that he gave her this compliment. Without hesitation, Hinari attacked, using her speed to attack her brother from behind. Shisui was surprised at how fast Hinari had become and realized that something was approaching from behind.

The Uchiha quickly turned around and automatically activated his ability, which he didn't actually want to do. As Hinari felt his chakra gathering in his eyes, she drew out her katana, which was back in its sheath, so that she could strike at him. But Hinari stopped right in front of his face, causing the uchiha's eyes to widen. He could see directly into his own eyes in the katana and used his ability on himself. A brief pain ran through his head, causing his hand to automatically rest on his head.

Shisui blinked several times until he realized what Hinari had done. He quickly let go of the kunai he was still holding and sank to his knees. He would have controlled his sister if she hadn't been able to fight blind. Guilt plagued him until he felt arms around his neck. "It's not your fault, Nii-chan."

Tears leaked from his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Hinari. "I'm so sorry Hinari." Shisui whispered and realized that he was starting to cry, causing Hinari to wrap her arms around him more and hug him closer. "You don't have to apologize for anything." "Yes, I do! I...I left you alone...I...I left Itachi alone because I thought you could handle it. I should never have left!"

It hurt Hinari to hear these words and she broke away from her brother to look at him. She placed her hands on his cheeks, making her palms wet with his tears. "I know why you did it. I also know why Itachi decided the way he did. Yes, I have suffered, grieved and asked myself again and again why there was no other way. But I don't blame you. You did it for Konoha and for me. Nii-chan, I could never blame you for that. It makes me proud to have a brother like you who gave his life for peace. So please, stop blaming yourself for this!"

Shisui looked at his little sister with wide eyes. She was proud to be his sister? How did he deserve Hinari like this? "I love you Nii-chan and that will never change!" Shisui pulled his sister close and laid his head on her shoulder.

"I love you too, Nee-chan." he breathed and felt himself begin to dissolve. The skin began to tear into several pieces, which made him pull Hinari even closer to him. "I'm dissolving." he said and realized that it was because of the feelings. The liberating feelings Hinari had given him. "I know..."

Shishui briefly detached himself from her, put his hand on her hair and tousled it, which made Hinari laugh. It probably hadn't changed. "Win this war, will you?" he asked. "I'm going to. Together with my friends!" she grinned before Shisui's spirit left the fake body and floated up. With a smile on his face, he looked down at his sister. "I believe in you, little sunshine."

With tears in her eyes and a smile on her face, Hinari watched her brother leave her.