Chapter 92

When Hinari was feeling better the next day, the funeral service for the fallen shinobi also took place. The Uchiha stood close to her friends and held Shikamaru's hand in hers, resting her head lightly on his shoulder. It hurt her to look at the graves that lay before her. Even though it sounded bad, she was glad that she could at least save Neji. How she would have loved to save the people who had been in the headquarters. Even those on the battlefield would have survived if she had arrived a little earlier. But as she had told others herself, she was not to blame.

Shikamaru was glad that Hinari was standing with her. His mother was on his other side, trying to stay strong. However, it was harder than expected. His mother was in deepest sorrow, as well as everyone else, no matter how strong she tried to be.

A small breeze blew through the hair of those present, who left in time to go on with their work. Only the few family members stayed a little longer. Ino and Shikamaru were among them, looking at the graves of their fathers. "Should I leave you alone?" Hinari asked gently and received a soft smile from Shikamaru's mother. "You're family, so you can stay a little longer."

With a small nod, Hinari indicated that she would stay here a little longer. Unfortunately, she couldn't stay too much longer, because Tsunade had postponed Sasuke's trial to the afternoon, otherwise she wouldn't have time. Since the war was over, every Kage had a lot to do and it seemed that Kakashi would soon take over Tsunade's office. When Hinari thought about it, she didn't know if Kakashi would get everything done or if he would just put everything off until later and have more paperwork like Tsunade.

The hours passed and Hinari entered the hearing room with her team. In addition to Tsunade, the elders, Ibiki Morino and many other shinobi were present to help make decisions. It made the Uchiha nervous and she would have preferred to have Shikamaru at her side. However, he didn't have too much to do with Sasuke, so Hinari had to go it alone with her team.

Sasuke was accompanied into the room by some Anbus. His hands were in chains and his eyes were blindfolded, which were now revealed. "If you do anything rash, we will not hesitate to kill you." spoke one of the Anbu who positioned himself behind the Uchiha. The whole room was silent for a moment until Tsunade began the negotiation.

In the first few minutes, the Senju rattled off the facts that were in the room and reported on all the events that had to do with Sasuke.

There were also the missions that Team 7 had and the reactions were not nice for everyone. Naruto had to pull himself together the most not to freak out or speak up. Hinari could understand her friend, but it wouldn't end well if he spoke up now.

After several people had given their opinions, it was Team 7's turn. Hinari hadn't really listened, as she had been thinking about what she would say. Even though Naruto was very loud, Hinari had only picked up a few words. Come to think of it, she hadn't listened too much since she was no longer blind. Actually, it wasn't necessary anymore, since she no longer needed to.

"I want to know Hinari Uchiha's opinion now." came from Ibiki, who scrutinized the young woman. Everyone present looked at the Uchiha, waiting for her to say something.

But Hinari was nervous. Her hand clenched into a fist under the table. What was she supposed to say now? Sasuke raised his eyebrow questioningly. What was wrong with her? Hinari wasn't usually this nervous. Was she afraid of saying the wrong thing? "Hinari." came sternly from Tsunade, who had also been looking at her.

The Uchiha lifted her head and looked at Grandma Tsunade and the elders. "Is it true that Sasuke left you alone in the forest while he went with the Otoninja?" the old woman asked. Hinari swallowed and searched Sasuke's eyes. With a small nod, he let her know that she should be honest. Sasuke didn't want her to lie for him if it really was the truth. He wanted to stand up for what he had done. "Yeah..."

"Is it also true that he didn't make contact with you all these years and ignored you?" the granny continued to ask. "Yes..." "He killed Itachi Uchiha out of revenge even though it was for the good of Konoha?" "Yes..."

The eldest narrowed her eyes. "You knew everything Itachi Uchiha had done. Is there a reason why Sasuke Uchiha had spared you?" "Yes, I knew it. I don't know why he spared me..." Hinari admitted honestly. Actually, Sasuke should be angry with her. However, he had told her that they should take revenge together, so he didn't hate her for that. "Is it true that he killed Danzo?" "Yes..."

Now it was the eldest who opened his mouth. "Is it true that Sasuke wanted you to get even with him in Konoha?" Hinari swallowed hard, lowering her head. "Yes..." she breathed softly. What could she say to that?

"So it all sounds to me like Sasuke should be found guilty. He went to Orochimaru and has always worked against Konoha. He even went against his own clan and left Hinari alone. We know how difficult her time was when she was blind." the old man said, causing Hinari to clench her teeth. She became angry. Angry at this man. The more he spoke and said negative things, the angrier Hinari got, which Sakura noticed. "Hinari..." she whispered softly and wanted to reach out her hand. But this gesture came too late, as Hinari had already stood up and was looking angrily at the elders.

"This is your fault!"