Chapter 40

Not much time had passed when Hinari learned that Naruto would soon be leaving Konoha with Jiraiya. He would be going on a training trip with him for three years, which would certainly be very rewarding for him. She had also heard that Sakura wanted to be taught by Tsunade. So she had found out what she wanted to do with her chakra.

When Hinari thought about it, everyone on her team was with one of the Sannin except herself. She didn't feel bad about it, since she already had a few senseis behind her. Although, she had never called Shisui and Itachi that. But for some reason, she now felt...alone.

When Hinari entered the apartment, that feeling came up again. It felt cold and empty. It was an overwhelming feeling. Even with Sasuke it was more alive, even though he had hardly spoken.

Hinari had never been alone in an apartment before. She had to rely on help when she wasn't using her Sharingan. Sasuke had been her greatest support since the massacre. She missed him and nothing could replace her best friend.

 Hinari was getting hungry, so she ran into the kitchen and opened the fridge. The light blinded her as she scanned everything with her hand. Of course she could activate her Sharingan, but she didn't want to be dependent on it. When Hinari took out some things and felt that they were eggs, she realized that she wanted to make pancakes. But she had no idea what it would take. Maybe milk and flour?

Hinari found the pan after a while and felt the hotplates to place the pan on them. She couldn't tell the difference between the knobs, so she simply switched everything on.

Hinari took the eggs in her hand, tapped them once on an object and held them over the pan. Well, if she even knew if it was the pan. The bag of flour, which was what she was hoping for, she poured in as well. The milk came at the end and if she had activated her Sharingan, she would have seen what a mess she had actually made.

It sizzled and Hinari lifted the corners of her mouth slightly. Something was in the pan, but it didn't smell good at all. She quickly switched off all the hotplates and stared with her eyes at the surface in front of her. Without hesitation, Hinari threw everything down out of desperation, creating an even bigger mess. Tears flowed from her eyes as she realized that she was truly helpless. "Sasuke..."

A knock made Hinari look up and she slowly walked towards the door. Carefully, the Uchiha opened the door. "Hey Hinari, are you alright? I heard a noise." spoke Sakura, who was on her way home.

Shikamaru, who was standing a little further away, had also heard it. Hinari looked over her shoulder and realized how stupid she was to even think she could cook alone. She turned her face back to the Haruno, who had seen her little tears. "Hinari?"

The black-haired girl couldn't help but cry. She had never cried to Sakura or Shikamaru before. In fact, she had only ever cried for Sasuke when she had to. Shocked by this, Sakura took her comrade and friend into her arms. She didn't know Hinari like this. She was always a strong girl.

Shikamaru looked into the apartment. It felt chilly but he quickly saw something. There was food all over the floor. Had she seriously tried to cook? It broke his heart to see her crying like that.

The two visitors had decided to support the girl. Sakura had comforted the Uchiha while Shikamaru had tidied up the kitchen. The Nara had seen what Hinari wanted to cook. However, she had almost poisoned herself if she had managed to eat it. Hinari sat silently on the sofa. Her tears had stopped and Sakura still had her arm around the Uchiha. No one had dared to say anything, not even Shikamaru wanted to speak.

Sakura lowered her eyes. She desperately wanted to help Hinari, but didn't know how. Her training as a medical ninja would soon begin. She couldn't even help Tsunade heal her eyes. Sakura had no idea at all. Her gaze slid to Shikamaru, who was probably thinking the same thing. He couldn't help her either, even if he wanted to. But one thing was clear to both of them. They would not leave Hinari alone and would support her as best they could.