Chapter 36

The next few days were uneventful. Hinari couldn't even get up to play shogi. Somehow she didn't feel like doing anything. Not even when Sasuke was ordered to Kakashi, for whatever reason.

A few days ago, Naruto went off with Jiraiya to find a certain Tsunade, who was to become the new Hokage. According to stories, she must also be one of the legendary Sannin, even if it wasn't a special title. They were simply called that by Hanzo because they had won. Hokage was a better title.

As always, when Hinari needed her rest, she sat on the wooden bench near the forest. She had to smile briefly when she had spoken to Shikamaru here. When she thought about it, he rarely came here. He preferred to lie on a roof and look at the sky.

"Hinari, Kakashi is in the hospital." Sasuke said when he had finally found her. She looked questioningly at her best friend. "Why is that?" "I don't know, but I want to find out." The Uchiha briefly considered whether she wanted to go with him and finally stood up. Perhaps this would give her a little more desire to do something.

When they arrived at the hospital and went to Kakashi's room, they heard Kurenai and Asuma talking to each other. They weren't loud but they could hear the words Genjutsu, Akatsuki and Itachi. Sasuke quickly grabbed Hinari's wrist and ran off. "W..wait Sasuke, what are you up to!?"

The Uchiha didn't speak, but kept running. Itachi was here!? After a while, Hinari ran after him without his hand. She could already tell that he wanted to see his brother. His anger was rising and perhaps this was his chance to fight him.

After hours, they reached a village and Hinari had to breathe several times. She was quite fit for her age, but she had to use most of her energy for her chakra to be able to follow Sasuke easily. "Come." he spoke somewhat coolly and walked into the village. Hinari stayed close to him as she sensed several vibrations. Something must be going on here for so many people to be here.

As soon as the two were in the middle of the village, Hinari could feel Naruto's chakra. However, he wasn't alone and before she could say anything, Sasuke was already gone. "That idiot..." she muttered and followed him as best she could. In a building, Hinari smelled several odors. It smelled like freshly washed laundry and food. So she must be in a hostel.

Her feet carried her up the stairs. She was in no hurry, as she knew she couldn't do anything right now. In the middle of the hallway, she heard Sasuke scream. "I'm going to kill you!" Shortly afterwards, Hinari could hear the chidori and a scream of pain. Sasuke had no chance against Itachi.

Hinari ran on and as she turned the corner she heard a bang. "Do you know why you're so weak, little brother?" Itachi asked, pushing him against the wall and moving his face closer to his ear. "Because you don't have enough anger in you." he said and continued to hold him. "I...I'm going to..." , he began and accidentally looked into the Mangekyou Sharingan, which locked him in a genjutsu.

"A bit too much, isn't it?" asked a voice Itachi couldn't immediately place. His head shot in the direction of the voice and caught sight of a girl looking at him closely. He briefly squeezed his eyes shut.

His eyes had weakened. He had used the Mangekyou Sharingan too often. After a while, he recognized the girl's eyes, which did not appear to be attacking. "Hinari..." he breathed softly and his heart began to ache. She looked so much like Shisui.

"Itachi, we wanted to leave slowly!" came from his partner as they stood in a stomach belonging to a toad. Jiraiya actually wanted to lock them in here. Itachi looked apologetically at Hinari. He quickly ran towards her, closely followed by Kisame. "Itachi-Nii...", Hinari spoke as he ran past her. "Amaterasu."

Black flames formed, causing the wall to explode. Kisame immediately jumped out of the building and waited for his partner, who looked at the girl. "We will meet again." he said to Hinari before also leaving the building.

"Hinari!" shouted Naruto as he ran towards her with Jiraiya."Did he do something to you?" "No, it's all good." Hinari murmured softly. As happy as she was to see Itachi again, she was sad. Sad that she was seeing him again under such circumstances.

"Konoha whirlwind!" shouted Guy, who caught Jiraiya with his foot and immediately apologized for it. He had learned that Hinari and Sasuke were coming here and wanted to bring them back to Konoha. Unfortunately, he had missed Akatsuki, who wanted to see Naruto. 

The sun slowly began to set and Hinari stood next to Guy, who was carrying Sasuke on his back. They would go back to Konoha while Naruto and the hermit would continue to search for Tsunade. It was strange that Itachi was behaving like this. Hinari knew that he loved the two of them. Why was he being so hurtful?