(Chapter 3) Unexpected Phone Call

I got home to see Susan siting on the couch in the living room. She was texting someone and I thought maybe it was Alex. She's been acting different about the whole "Her and Alex dating" thing.

"Who ya texting?" I said while sitting on the couch next to her. She quickly hid her phone. That's weird she never hides anything from me.

"Umm, no one." She said back hesitantly.

"Don't lie to me missy." I said back chuckling. but she on the other hand was not laughing. Geez not even a smile.

"It's just my mom." She shrugged.

"Whatever. If it was your mom why did you hide it from me?" I said really confused.

"Fine, it's my dad." She said looking down.

"Why would I care if you're talking to your dad?" I asked knowing the answer already.

"Well, because of what you told me I thought you. You didn't want to hear the word." She said looking depressed.

"Hey, listen. Just because I don't like my dad doesn't mean I don't like yours. Your dad is more of a father to me than my own dad ever was. I'm not going to take your dad away from you just because my dad left me." I looked at my phone, hoping maybe he texted me but who am I kidding he never will anyways. Right when I put my phone down it started ringing. Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. I felt my cheeks get really warm. Damn, I hope I'm not blushing.

"Hello?" I answered on the second ring. Yeah I count how many times it rings, and if your really special you get the voicemail. Ha just kidding you're not special, that means I don't like you, or I was to lazy to answer the phone. Either way you'd like to put it.

Suddenly Susan got nosey. "Who is it? Why are you blushing? Is it a guy? Is he cute? Why aren't you answering my questions Kendall?" I tried to shush her but she kicked me and made me drop my phone.

Gavin's POV

Bryce left as soon as I got back from the store because something came up with his girlfriend who doesn't really enjoy my company. If you're wondering why there was this whole thing were I may or may not have accidentally spilled milk on her head as I was aiming for someone else.

And by that I mean I definitely on purpose spilled spoiled milk on her head while I was aiming for someone which was her.

So I decided to sit on my couch and eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups until I remembered I met a very beautiful girl earlier and could call her.

I debated my decision for about 10 seconds and finally pressed call. "Hello?" I heard Kendall answer then I heard static.

Like someone dropped the phone. Should I wait until someone comes back? Or should I just hang up? Eh I'll hang up. Right when I was going to press end call someone was giggling and said "Hello Romeo."

I started chuckling "This is him. Where is my Juliet?"

She laughed and snorted "She is on the other side of the door trying to kill me."

"Well that wouldn't be good now would it?" I asked her while getting some apple juice from the fridge. I sure love me some apple juice. Don't judge it's tasty. Why am I talking to myself? I was interrupted by the girl on the other end.

"Yes, very bad. I have things to live for. Like my hamster, His name is Skittlez. With a Z cause I got swag."

I started laughing, "So Juliet's friend I'm not quite sure I got your name."

"Oh, I'm Susan." She replied while trying to catch her breath.

"Is that with a Z?" I asked her chuckling

"No! Where the hell are you from?" She said completely serious.

"They haven't quite found that out yet. My friends even say that I was from Jupiter and my mom didn't want me so she threw me off and I landed on my head." I told her calmly.

She started laughing hysterically and I quickly joined.

"So sir, when are you going to ask my friend on a date?" She said and I was shocked.

"Uh. I don't know. I highly doubt she even likes me." I shrugged.

I heard her laugh, what was so funny. "I think she likes you. I mean right when you called her eyes lit up she got a big smile on her face and she started blushing. You must either be really cute or you're a real gentleman." She stated.

"I don't know. If she likes me it's her choice. She's just so beautiful." I said sighing. Did I say that out loud?!

She stopped "What did you just say?"

"Nothing." I said. Damn, I was a bad liar.

"You just called her beautiful. And don't deny it cause I heard you mister." She retorted " I have a great idea!" She yelled.

Oh great what could it be. "You should come over here. And you know hang out with her. You could also bring a friend wink, wink." I laughed at the last part.

"Did you really want me to bring a friend?" I said while laughing.

"Oh no! No. You come and hang out with Kendall. And I guarantee you, she will love you." She gave me the address and hung up before I could say anything back.

Susan's POV

I opened the door and Kendall fell to the ground. "Were you listening to my conversation?" I asked slyly

She stood up. "Nah, I heard nothing." She said while laughing. She suddenly stopped laughing "What did you say to him?"

She looked serious so I tried to cheer her up "I thought you were listening?" I said while laughing.

"Well I was but I couldn't hear you. If that makes sense?" She giggled.

"Romeo is coming over. He called you beautiful and I told him you liked him." I shrugged and tried to walk away like I told her what the weather was. By the way it's 72 degrees outside and there is a slight breeze. Just thought you might want to know.

She grabbed my arm it kinda hurt. "You what? He what?!" She sorta yelled and whispered.

"You'll find out when he gets here!" I said while winking.