(Chapter 40)

"Wake up!!" I heard screaming in our hotel room as I slowly opened my eyes. Kendall and I took up about  1/2 of the bed. Niall and Ashton were standing by the other bed and Zander looked like he was still sleeping. I felt kind of awkward that Kendall was in a room filled with guys that didn't have shirts on, but I know she didn't mind. I definitely wasn't jealous either because I know that Kendall doesn't like any of the guys that way. Niall leaned over to Ashton's ear and whispered something. Ashton turned around and looked at us. "Kendall? You gotta wake up now." He whispered and laid down infront of her so he was looking right at her. I sat up a tiny bit to see if she opened her eyes. She did. 

"Ashypoo!" Kendall squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck causing all of us in the room to laugh. "He tried to roll out of the bed to get away from her but he didn't succeed. She was pulled out from under the covers with him. She was only in a purple tank top and UK flag short shorts. The way she was pulled out from under the blankets was so she was now on his back and he was giving her a piggy back ride. Her arms were wrapped around his neck but not very tightly, and her legs were around his torso. Zander groaned and pulled the covers over his head. 

"Kennybear!" He laughed and I sat up in the bed leaning on the head board. I put my hands behind my head so I had some kind of cushion. She seemed happy, maybe last night she was just tired. At least I hope that's what it was. "We're going to have so much fun today! We're going to go out to breakfast and everything!" Ashton added and Kendall laughed at him.

"Where are we going!?" She questioned really loudly, I'm sure so she could just piss Zander off. She looked like a little girl on Christmas morning. Her hair looked even better now that it was cut, you could see more of her face. Every single day I felt myself falling harder and harder for her. I know she's going through a lot with her parents right now, and I just want to be there for her. Liam and I are finally on good terms again. He seems to be happy with Dani, they seem so right for each other. I love Kendall. She's my best friend. I never want anything to happen to her. I trust her with my life. But, I still haven't found the right time to tell her. 

"The pancake house down the street. Dani and Chloe both suggested it, they said it was amazing." Ashton explained and her face lit up even more. If that was even possible. The smile on her face got bigger. The smile I fell in love with was back. I couldn't be happier. All I wanted was to see her smile. I could lay here for hours just looking at her. Back to reality Styles, she basically just got out of a relationship. Don't rush it. Besides, you're just one of her best friends. I shrugged to myself. 

"Are you serious! I love that place!" She squealed and tightened her grip around his torso with her legs. "When I was really young like 5 or 6, my dad always took Clayton and I there." She said and looked like she instantly regretted it. Zander's head shot up from the bed and he shot daggers at her with his eyes. "You know, before the bad stuff happened." She shrugged and his eyes softened. 

"It's okay Kennybear. He won't hurt you anymore. At least not with us around. And you will never be without at least one of us. I mean unless you're in the bathroom or something." Ashton said awkwardly and she laughed at him. 

"I'm not really scared of him. I know you guys will protect me." She said in a hushed tone but I still heard her. 

"You should be. He almost killed both of us. You probably more than once." Zander hissed and she jumped off of Ashton's back. 

"He wasn't always like that. He used to be good. One of the best dad's you could have. Then he changed." She sighed. 

Kendall's POV 

"He wasn't always like that. He used to be good. One of the best dad's you could have. Then he changed." I sighed with a shrug remembering the first day my dad hit me. 

****PAST****

I was in first grade, skipping up the driveway with my big brother Clayton, who was in fourth grade, behind me. He opened the door first to reveal my daddy. I ran up to give him a hug but he stopped me with his hand. "Daddy?" I questioned. He was staring at Clayton like he did something bad. "Daddy?" I questioned again and he titled his head to look at me. 

"Did I tell you to speak?" He questioned harshly. I looked down and shook my head. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He screamed and pinched my face between his thumb and the rest of his fingers. His fingers were hurting my face really badly and I started crying. 

"Daddy! Stop it hurts!" I screamed and he turned his face to look at Clayton. He looked horrified. 

"See this is what happens when you don't behave. Do you want your sister to get hurt? Or can you behave?" He questioned. 

"Daddy, I'm sorry! Just let her go!" he screamed and daddy laughed. 

"I have to punish her so you get the message Clayton!" Dad yelled and squeezed my face harder. I wrapped my tiny fingers around his massive arms and tried to catch him off guard. I squirmed my way out of his hands and tried to run to my room. Just as I turned to run he grabbed my heel and I fell face first onto the ground. I yelped in pain as my head connected to the floor boards. "See now I really have to hurt her." He added and picked me up by my heel. Grabbing Clayton's ear and pulling him with us into the living room. "Now, you will sit there until I finish, or she will be punished more." Clayton obeyed very fast and sat in the middle of the living room. He dropped me down on the couch and made me stand up right away. Dad was on his knees standing infront of me being slightly taller than me still. I closed my eyes slightly as tears started rolling down my face. Before opening them I felt a stinging pain on my cheek. I heard Clayton yelp and more tears flowed down my face. My eyes were still glued shut. 

"Dad! Please don't. Not that!" Clayton screamed and I opened my eyes. I saw he was holding a sharp pointy thing in his hand. He used his free hand to hold my wrist. I tried to pull it away but was too weak. He put the pointy thing on my wrist. It was cold to the touch. Making me flinch to pull away. He ran the pointy thing across my skin. It stung as it moved and I clenched my teeth together. I started crying and the tears wouldn't stop. He slid the pointy thing across my arm ten times. I wore a long sleve shirt the next day. I started crying in school but the techers thought I was just homesick. 

****PRESENT****

 I fought back the tears but the guys knew that I wasn't okay. Ashton quickly wrapped his arms around me and I broke down. The tears streamed down my face for so long. Harry was quick to join the group hug. Along with Niall, but Zander stayed in bed. Just laying there. He looked shocked. "He cut you?" Zander questioned. "You were seven. How sick is he?" 

"He cut me until I was 9. Then he made me do it myself. While he watched of course." I sighed and rolled my sleeve up. "This was the first cut that purposely happened." I explained while pointing at it. It was the main scar on my arm. The other ones were thinner and less dark. Ashton and Harry looked back up at my face and wrapped their arms around me at the same time. They were both crying making me cry more. 

A/N: 

I cried while writing this chapter. 

I hope it was long enough. I really want to get this book to 1000 reads and 100 votes. It would literally mean the world to me and I would love you all forever. 

Anyways, vote, comment and I love you. 

Byeeee 

~Ashley