(Chapter 16) A Friend From The Past

"Who cares. At least we were ready." Liam sighed.

"How long will this drive take?" Susan asked with a sigh.

"About an hour." Niall shrugged while looking out the window.

"When we get to Wisconsin we have to total go four wheeling." Susan said excitedly.

"Sounds fun." I said flatly.

"What's wrong. You love four wheeling. If it's because of the accident then-" She said when I cut her off.

"That's not the problem!"

"Then what?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's complicated. We can go four wheeling." I said.

(Past)

"Why are we going backwards Kendall?" Susan screamed.

"I can't stop it!" I yelled.

I pulled the break and next thing I knew I was on the ground and I felt something burn my leg. "Kendall? Are you okay?" Susan asked and stood up.

"I think so." I said and rubbed my head. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I got a little cut. But I'll live." She explained.

"Well, we have to get back to the house." I said.

"I'm not walking." She stated.

"Then help me flip this back over." I said pointing at the four wheeler. We got it back over easily because we were on a hill and we eventually got back home.

Susan limped into the house and sat on the couch in the living room. "Is your mom home?" She asked.

"No, she won't be for a while." I explained while putting a wrap on her leg .

"Good, Let's not tell anyone." She suggested.

(Present)

"I'm so confused." Zayn said and the boys (Including Eleanor) nodded in agreement.

"Kendall's just upset because a few years ago we got in a crash on her four wheeler and she hasn't been on the thing since." Susan explained.

"That isn't why Susan." I stated again.

"Then why haven't you gone?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'm fine." I said and she shrugged. "We are going to go." I just didn't want to tell her it was because of my cousin Mitch.

"How many four wheelers are there?" Niall asked.

"7 or 8." I answered.

"So Zayn and I will go together. Liam and You, Eleanor and Louis, and everyone else by themselves." Susan explained.

"Sounds good to me." I said with a small smile.

"You sure it's okay?" Liam asked me.

"As long as you drive. You know how to drive a four wheeler right?" I hesitated.

"Yes." He smiled at me. He put his arm around me and I fell asleep. "Kendall, we're at the airport." Liam said while slightly shaking me.

I got out of the limo and walked towards the building. I was still feeling drowsy and stumbled a few times until Liam put his arm around my waist. Some security guards started leading us down a long hallway. I looked over at Susan and she looked like a little kid in a candy store. She had a huge smile on her face and she was talking to one of the guards. "So do you like your job?" She asked.

"Yes." He said back.

"Is it fun protecting them from crazy girls?" She asked.

"Well, yes. Until they start biting you." He laughed.