Chapter 59

Ashton's POV 

"I see you're already getting comfortable." The nurse entered the room and grabbed a folder off the desk. "Just forgot the folder. He explained and walked back out of the room. 

"He's awkward." Calum joked. We all laughed besides Kendall, who had fallen asleep already. "She sleeps a lot." 

"She's cute when she sleeps." Michael said quietly and I'm sure only I heard him. 

"Michael, she's cute all the time just admit it." Calum laughed and Michael's smile grew bigger. "See, he's blushing." 

"Yeah yeah. She's cute all the time." He gave in and I found myself laughing. 

"You really like her don't you mate?" Luke questioned. 

"Yes. More than anything." He sighed. "But, I doubt she feels the same." 

"Yeah, she does. Trust me." I stated. 

"Prove it." Michael laughed and I pulled my phone out. 

"What are we 12? Even I know she likes you." Luke laughed. 

"Here. Read it." I demanded and showed him my texts with Kendall. As he read them, his facial expression changed randomly.

"You don't have to read anything, just to get them to shut up. I do like you okay? Can you guys at least attempt to whisper?" Kendall said and looked at me. 

"What?" I questioned. 

"Don't we have a concert later?" She asked. 

"Well, you can't go. You have surgery soon." I shrugged. 

"What time do you guys have to leave then?" 

"We don't have to leave." Luke suggested. 

"Yeah, you do. I can just call Dani." 

"About that, she left?" I stated. 

"Why did she leave?" 

"She didn't want to fight with Harry, so I'll call Eleanor and have her come here." I told her and she sighed.

"You'll come back after the concert right?" She asked. 

"Of course we will." Michael answered. "Or at least I will." He added.

"We'll all come back if you want." Luke smiled. 

"Then we'll kick Eleanor out, and we'll party." Calum laughed and a smile tugged her lips. 

"What time do you guys have to leave?" She questioned. 

"Hopefully we can stay until after your surgery." I answered. 

"How much longer until my surgery." She sighed.

"About 20 minutes." Luke stated and the door opened. 

"Are you ready?" The male nurse was back, again. This time with a wheelchair. Michael stood up and helped Kendall to the wheelchair. He hugged her and kissed her cheek just as I stood up. I crouched down in front of her and I could tell she was about to panic. 

"Hey princess, you'll be okay. You'll be back out here and ready to derp with us in like an hour." I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Hang in there trooper." Calum laughed. Luke gave her one of his warm smiles and the nurse took her out of the room. 

"You know what? He never told us his name." I laughed. 

"At least the bed's big enough for Mikey to keep Kenny warm." Luke joked as Michael sat on the edge of the bed.