(Chapter 12) Is This A Dream?

"I, I guess." I shrugged.

"You don't have to." Liam whispered to me.

"It's fine." I whispered back. He stood up and reached for my hand. I took it and followed him to the middle of the stage.

"What song?" He asked me.

"Er. Umm. How about Truly, Madly, Deeply?" I asked.

"Sounds good." He said and the music started playing. He grabbed my hand and started gazing at me.

(Liam)

Am I asleep am I awake or somewhere in between?

I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me.

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined?

Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?

(Me)

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss,

and all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this,

I'm just the underdog who finally got the guy, (I know, It's really girl, but she's basically singing to Liam so that

would be weird.)

And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world.

(Together)

truly, madly, deeply I am

Foolishly, completely falling

And somehow you kicked all my walls in

So baby, say you'll always keep me

Truly, madly,crazy, deeply in love with you

In love with you.

The music stopped and I sighed. "Told you I could do it."

"I knew you could." He smiled back and kissed me.

I forgot where I was until the crowd cheered. I laughed and Liam took me back over to the rest of the boys. "So they were right." The lady said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, we got a call from the boys manager before you got here saying that one of them told him you could sing. And they weren't lying." She said surprised.

I looked at the guys. "Who told Simon that?" I asked and they all pointed at Liam. I sighed. "People are just going to think that you set it up. And that I'm using you." I whispered.

"Who cares what they think?" He whispered back.

"I do. I don't know if you noticed but, there are a lot of people who dislike me already." I said.

"Well, I like you." He stated and I smiled.

"Well, I hope so. Otherwise this would be awkward." I laughed.

"Just a little." He chuckled.

"Any who! I would just like to say that you were really good." The lady said trying to get my attention back.

I smiled "Thanks."

"Well I think I took up enough of your time for today. Hope to see you all soon." She said and we all said good bye to her. I walked off the stage and took a deep breath. Suddenly I had Susan and Blair jumping up and down around me screaming.