(Chapter 36)

Niall's POV 

"Kendall, listen to me. He's going to be okay. Look Harry's taking care of him." I said while trying to keep her from looking at her dad. 

"He-he hurt Zander." She stuttered. 

"Put your hands up." A cop said from behind me. I turned around to see Kendall's dad being taken away by two cops. 

"Zander!" Kendall sobbed and ran up to Zander. I turned back around to look at the girls. They all looked as if they were going to start bawling right there. 

"This is not happening." Perrie sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Why is this happening? I can't believe he did this." 

"Perrie. Pull yourself together. For Kendall." Dani said and Perrie started breathing slowly. "That's it. Breathe. She's okay." 

Kendall's POV 

"Zander!" I sobbed and dropped to my knees next to him. "Zander, open your eyes. Now! Damn it Zander. Please open your blue eyes now!" I pleaded and Harry put his arms around me as I started sobbing into his shoulder. "What if he doesn't wake up Harry?" I cried as two EMTs started moving him. 

"Hey, it's okay. Sh. He's going to be okay." Harry sighed and stroked my hair. "He will be fine Kendall." 

***** 

We got to the hospital quickly and I ran into the room he was supposed to be in. "Where is he?" I questioned the nurse that was in the empty room. 

"He's going through surgery right now. He should be done soon. The doctor said he should have a full recovery. You have nothing to worry about dear." She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. "He's a tough guy from what I've seen." 

"Thank you." I said quietly and she walked towards the door. Harry and I sat on the couch in the waiting room until the doctor said that Zander was okay to see. 

"Zander!" I smiled and ran up to his bed. 

"Hey." He returned the smile. 

"I was so scared for a second. I thought you died." I sighed. 

"But I didn't. Maybe it's the Mason gene." He laughed. 

"Excuse me." Someone said at the door. We all turned to look at the man who seemed to be a police officer. 

"Yes?" Harry questioned. 

"Officer Reily Matthews. I'm I know this isn't something you wanted to hear, but Parker Owens has gotten out of our custody. Someone bailed him out." He said and I gasped. 

"Oh, just lovely." Zander sighed and put his hand on his forehead.

"My best advise is to leave the city. Both of you. At least until we get him back." Reily shrugged. 

"Thank you sir." Zander said and put his head back on the pillow. The cop nodded his head and walked out the door. 

"Great." I sighed and put my head in my hands. 

"Hey, Kenny. It's going to be fine." He said and put his hand on my shoulder. 

"You haven't called me that since we were 10 years old." I laughed. "Remember when I used to call you Zanny?" 

"Worst year of my life." He smiled as my phone started buzzing.

"Hello?" I questioned. 

"Kendall, it's Simon. How's your brother?" He asked. 

"He's doing good. Except for the fact that my mad father is after us." I sighed. 

"Why don't you bring your brother on the tour tomorrow along with those two girls Niall mentioned to me?" Simon suggested.