Chapter 45

Harry's POV
I woke up and Kendall was still snuggled up, on her side, next to me. Ashton had his arms around her still. I followed his arms to make sure his hands weren't anywhere they shouldn't have been. His right arm was by Kendall's head almost like a pillow for her, and his left, in her hip. A little too close for comfort for me. I used my right hand, because Kendall was clinging to my left arm, to smack his head. "What the hell man?" He whispered and I motioned my head towards his hand. He looked down and quickly moved his hand, "Sorry." He wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes again.

Today was Kendall's birthday, Chloe and Dani agreed to help me bake Kendall's favorite cupcakes. Mainly because I can't bake to save my life. Ashton was going to take Kendall to the bookstore and to lunch anyways so I was glad. The rest of the guys were just going to hang around the hotel, to avoid getting attacked by fans.

I looked around the room. Zander was sprawled out on the king size mattress, taking up the whole bed. There were random articles of clothing on the ground, shirts, pants, shoes. The clock said it was 9:36 it felt like 5:00. The light from the sun was shinning against the blinds and still lit the room up. I could lay like this forever, maybe minus Ashton, but he was still one of my best friends. And he was important to Kendall.

Suddenly, I felt something cold touch my chest. I turned my head and saw Kendall tracing over my tattoos. She looked facinated by them. "Having fun?" I questioned and she lightly giggled. "Happy birthday, love." I added and she smiled. I noticed that Ashton was curled up on the other side of the bed now, so I reached to the night stand that was between the two beds. I opened the drawer and took out a small box with wrapping paper around it. It was purple with small designs on it. The bow on top was orange. I handed it to her and she looked confused. "Open it." I laughed and she hesitantly took it from me, sitting herself up. Propping herself up with the head board. She took the bow off and placed it on Ashton's head. Slowly she took off the wrapping paper. Making sure not to rip it. The box inside was plain white. She opened the box and gasped.

"Harry, it's beautiful." Her smiled reaching her eyes. She pulled out the sliver heart shaped locket. "Kendall Renee Mason." She read the front and opened it. "This is my favorite picture of us." She smiled at the picture on the inside. It was the first week we met. I was giving her a piggy back ride around the living room when Liam took the picture. "You're my forever and always." She read the inside and looked at me. "I love it, thank you." She smiled and kissed me.

"Kendall, I really like you. Like completely and indefinitely." I sighed and she looked at me, tilting her head. "What?" I questioned.

"I thought we went over this already?" She said in a confused tone. Her head was still tilted and I found it adorable. Why was I so messed up because of her?

"Kendall, I want you. I need you. You're my best friend and that makes this even better. I want to be your boyfriend. I was to be able to call you mine. I can't handle this anymore. Before someone else snatches you up, I need to." I admitted and she smiled and kissed me.

"It's about time Styles." She giggled and I kissed her again. Pulling her onto my lap. Putting my hands behind her neck.

"So what does this mean?" I questioned and she bit her lip. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Okay, then I guess I'm your girlfriend." She smiled and I wrapped my arms around her small waist.

"It's about damn time!" Ashton yelled and Zander groaned. Kendall jumped and turned her head. She smacked him on the side of his head and he laughed. "Time to open my present!" He yelled excitedly and jumped off the bed. Kendall groaned with a laugh as he came back into the room with a box. He plopped down on the bed and handed her the box. She again took the paper off slowly making sure it wasn't ripped and I laughed. She opened the box and pulled out a white sweat shirt.