(Chapter 23) Accidents always happen

"Babe? You okay?" Liam asked and took me out of my thoughts.

"It wasn't your fault Kendall." Kristy stated knowing exactly what I was thinking about. "You didn't know, and neither did Michael. You both need to stop blaming yourselves. No one blames you."

"But, how am I not suppose to think it was my fault. It was for my birthday. If I wasn't born this wouldn't have happened." I sighed and everyone stared me down.

"How can you say that Kendall! So many bad things would've happened if you weren't born. Don't you dare ever say that again! Because so many people need you." Jenelle defended.

"Yeah, like who. All of you guys would just be living normal lives you wouldn't be in a world crisis." I said. "Liam and the guys would be on tour, you and your siblings would be fine Mitch would be alive and Lindsay wouldn't be in the hospital. Jenelle, you'd probably still be friends with Susan and Blair if it wasn't for me." I sighed and the car stopped. We were finally at the hospital. Harry waved everyone off so he could talk to me I guess.

"Listen here missy. You are the best thing that has happened to Liam. I know he'd do anything for you and I respect that. And you're my best friend! I mean besides the lads of course. We all care about you and it saddens me to think that you don't want to be alive. I know what you've gone through and sure I don't know how it felt but I am always here for you. And how do you think Liam feels when he hears that? He probably thinks that he's not helping you. We all want you to be happy. Kendall, are you happy here?" He sighed.

"Yes, I'm living my dreams! But I'm also losing everything I love. Don't you get it Harry? Sooner or later all of you will notice that I'm not worth it. And you'll leave me just like Susan and Blair and everyone before them. I mean my own brother left me!" By this time I was sobbing into his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not going to leave. Unless you want me to. But the lads and I will always be here. Okay?" He said and I nodded. "Now, wipe those tears off that pretty face cause I can't have my partner in crime crying on the job." He smiled and I laughed. "See there ya go." He said and walked into the hospital with me.

"Oh Kendall! I'm so sorry." My aunt Madeline sobbed and hugged me right when I got into the door.

"What happened. Is Lindsay okay?" Was the only thought that crossed my mind.

"Lindsay's fine." She stated but was cut off by Kristy.

"For now she's fine. Who's to say the same thing won't happen to her that happened to Mitch." Kristy snapped.

"Do you really need to do this right now Kristy? None of us want that to happen." My other cousin Rachael said calmly and stood up.

I was still crying at this point and she walked over to me. "Nice to see ya cuz." She smiled and hugged me.

"You dyed your hair again." I tried to smile and Liam walked over to me.

He kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear "I won't leave you."

"Yeah, I was sick of the old color." She smiled without being bothered by Liam. I knew she knew who he was but she wasn't a fan of One Direction. Or maybe she didn't want to bring it up right now. She was the youngest of the family being 16 and all but she acted the oldest.

"Either way I like it. I missed you." I smiled.

"I missed you too. It's hard having to deal with Kristy at home and having you never visit like you used to." She laughed causing me to laugh.

"To be honest I don't care." Kristy said and finally looked at us.

"You don't care that your sister might die?" Madeline asked in shock.