Self Blame

Harry walked in early that night after Lila had gone home; I was still lying on the sofa the empty bottle had fallen over on the floor. I only noticed his presence when his cold hands brushed against my neck, it wasn't exactly the most wonderful way to wake up but I didn't want to complain.

"You drunk a bit." He said picking up the empty bottle. I tried to ignore the disapproving look on his face.

"Sorry MUM." My head ached as I tried to sit up.

"Don't get up on my account, I'll go and get you some blankets." He told me before rushing to find some bedding for me. My head felt like it was going to explode but It was my own fault.

"Hear from Louis yet?" he asked me when he returned to the room. I frown thinking about the question, while he shifted my head to add an extra pillow beneath my head.

"No," closed my eyes not wanting to think about Louis at a time like this.

"He'll call when he's ready." He told me for the billionth time that week, frankly I was growing sick of him saying that when it seemed ever so far from the truth.

"Harry." I whispered, while he placed a dampened cloth upon my forehead.

"Yeah?" he answered unsuspecting.

"Are you in love with me?" I asked him and even with my eyes shut I could tell he'd changed in attitude.

"I think you've drunk too much." He brushed me off, moving away from me slightly.

"No I haven't Harry." I stubbornly stated opening my eyes to find that he was staring at me.

"Did Lila say something?" he frowned down at me.

"No, well she did but it's ok." I grabbed hold of his arm.

"What do you mean? Of course it's not okay you're lying here after a night of drinking which you wouldn't have been doing if I hadn't stepped in." He looked angry at himself.

"No Harry. Don't. Please stop blaming yourself." I tried to comfort him.

"Only if you stop blaming yourself." He grinned at me awkwardly, a smile started to spread along my own face and the both of us started laughing.