Jungkook ♡ Fairy

I'm in love with that^^ edit of JK omg

I headed into work, adjusting the headband around my head making sure to keep my ears tucked underneath. I hate wearing my hair up but it's so hot out today, I didn't really have a choice. I'm so insecure about my ears, so I wear a headband over them to keep them from sticking out.

I work at a hippy-type store filled with candles, essential oils, crystals and other zen-like things. It's a nice place, not to mention it smells amazing in here all the time.

I saw Jungkook, one of my coworkers walk in.

"Jungkook!" I waved.
"Hey Y/n." He smiled. "Are you okay? You look tired."
"I didn't sleep much last night but I'll be fine."
"You need to get your sleep straightened out."
"I know." I sighed. "Maybe one day."
"Hey you wore your hair up." He grinned playing with my ponytail. "I like it."
"You do?" I asked, my heart fluttering.
"Yeah, it's cute."
"Thanks." I blushed a little.
"Your makeup looks nice too. I love that you put glitter on your cheeks. It's subtle and really makes your face light up. Although it looks like you put on a little too much blush."
"Be quiet and get to work." I shoved him away feeling my cheeks heat up even more.
He laughed and headed off to the back to start up the music.

That idiot. I didn't think I was blushing that hard. I covered my cheeks and tried to forget about what just happened.

Music started playing through the speakers in the store and Jungkook stepped out of the back room.

"Here." He handed me a tea cup. "You'll need this."
"What's this?"
"It's black tea. It'll give you energy."
"How did you make it so fast?"
"It's instant." He shrugged.
I looked at him skeptically.
"What? I'm not gonna poison you or anything."
"That's exactly what someone who would poison me would say."
"Shut up." He laughed.
I let out a small chuckle and took a sip of the tea. My eyes widened.
"Woah."
I felt a little surge of energy go through me.
"That tea works... very fast. Wow."
"I told you it'll give you energy." He said.
"Are you sure you didn't put something in this?" I asked.
"It's just tea Y/n." He laughed.

I couldn't question him anymore because a customer walked into the store.

Jungkook grabbed my ponytail and started messing with it, hitting it back and forth like a cat playing with a springy toy.

"Oh my goooosh stop it." I said swatting his hand away. "You're gonna mess up my hair."
"Oh my gosh you're gonna mess up my hair!" Jungkook mocked me.
I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"Shut up and drink your tea." He shoved my lightly.

I did as he said and drank the rest of my tea instantly feeling alert and energized.

"Feel better?" He asked.
"Mhm." I nodded. "I like that magic tea."
"Magic tea?!" He seemed a little too surprised.
"Yeah. That stuff makes me feel like I had ten hours of sleep even though I had like four."
"Yeah... I guess you could call it magic tea." He laughed awkwardly.
I narrowed my eyes at him, the gears turning in my head trying to figure out why he started acting weird all of a sudden. My thoughts were put to a stop when a customer walked up to the register.
I quickly checked them out and let them go on their way.

I chose not to let any thoughts of Jungkook's odd behavior bother me. I had work to do.

***

At the end of the day Jungkook and I closed the store, making sure to lock the doors and tidy up the place before we left.

"Hey." Jungkook said leaning against the large display window as I locked the door.
"What?"
"What are you doing tonight?"
"Well I'd like to go home and relax."
"You want some company?"
"Um, did you just invite yourself over to my house?"
"Yeah." He looked at me with a blank expression.
"What's in it for me?"
"You get to see my beautiful face."
"HA!" I snorted. "No thanks."
"Aw c'mon Y/n. He pouted. I'm bored and I want someone to hang out with."
"Don't you have other friends to hang out with?"
"Yeah, but I want to hang out with you."
"Seriously?" I asked. "Why?"
"Because..." He was quick to avoid eye contact with me. "I like you."
"You like me?!"
He looked straight at me, not seeming so shy anymore.
"Yeah I like you."
"Well... I don't like you."
"Please." He scoffed. "I see the way you blush when I complement you."
"I-" I trailed off not having a comeback.
"That's what I thought." He chuckled. "So, are we having a date tonight or not?"
"You're something else Jeon Jungkook." I shake my head.
He shrugged, grinning cutely.
"Okay, come on." I sighed.
"Really?" He asked rather excitedly.
"Yeah. You can just follow me."

I walked to my car and waited for Jungkook to get in his before pulling onto the road.

When we got to my house I led Jungkook up to my door and unlocked it before walking inside.

"Well, here it is."
"Your house is cute."
"Thanks. Just make yourself at home. I'm gonna go change into something comfortable. These jeans are squeezing the life out of me."
"Alright, take your time."

I headed up to my room, my heart racing at the thought of Jungkook confessing to me. He's acting so calm about it and I'm not sure how to respond. I really like him too. I'm just afraid he won't like me if he finds out my secret.

I sigh and pull off my headband, letting my hair down. I change into a T-shirt and some sweats before going to the living room.
I snuck up behind him and grabbed his shoulders making him jump a little.

"Hey!" He shouted. "You scared me."
"I thought you were a big brave man." I teased ruffling his pale pink hair.
"I am." He said puffing out his chest.
"Sure." I laughed and made my way around to the front of the couch.
Before I could take a seat, Jungkook grabbed my waist, pulling me down on the couch. I let out a small squeak, surprised by his actions. He hovered over me, a small smirk on his lips.

"So?" He asked.
So...what?"
"Do you like me?"
"Are you serious? You were being so cocky, bragging about how you make me blush."
"Yeah, but I just want to make sure."
I rolled my eyes. "Yes I like you. I've had a crush on you since we started working together."
"Really?" He asked, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips.
I nodded.
He smiled softly, his eyes drifting down to my lips. He started to lean in. His lips brushed against mine making my eyes flutter closed. He closed the distance between us, encasing my lips in his. He laced his fingers in my hair, lightly brushing them against my ear. I instinctively pushed him away.

He sat up off me, looking at me with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.
"N-Nothing."
He furrowed his brows, his eyes drifting to my ears.
"What's wrong with your ears?" He asked.

Before I could stop him he had reached out and pulled my hair back behind my ear.

"Jungkook stop!"
"Why do you have pointy ears?"
"Because... I like to cosplay."
Jungkook looked at me with an unamused expression.
"What? You think I'm lying?"
"Yes." He said reaching out and yanking my ear.
"Ow!"
"You liar!"
"That was uncalled for." I said covering my ear.
"Is there something you wanna tell me?" He asked slightly raising an eyebrow.

Something tells me he already knows.

"I'm... an elf."
"Aha! I knew it! So that's why you always hide your ears."
"Well what else am I supposed to do?! They're hard to hide." I huffed.
"You think your ears are hard to hide? Try hiding these."

All of a sudden a huge pair of fairy wings emerged from Jungkook's back.

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand.

"Surprise." He said rather unenthusiastically.
"Your wings are so pretty." I said staring wide eyed at his black and silver wings. "I've never met a fairy before."
"Well, I've never met an elf before."
"Psh! I'm nothing special."
"Sure you are! You've met Santa before."
"Oh my gosh shut up!" I shoved him.
He laughed loudly in response.
"I'm kidding Y/n."
I couldn't help but laugh a little.
"I'm serious. I don't have beautiful wings like you, just some stupid pointy ears, I don't have magic either. All I can do is levitate things. Nothing special."
Jungkook put his finger under my chin making me look at him.
"For the record, I think your ears are cute."
"You do?" I asked.
He nodded.
"And you say you're not special, that you don't have any magic or special qualities. You have cute glittery cheeks, and cute ears. Not to mention levitation is pretty cool if you ask me."
"You're just saying that."
"No. I'm serious."
I couldn't stop the smile spreading across my face.
"It's funny, two magical creatures like us finding each other."
"Yeah, it is pretty strange isn't it."
"I don't mind it." Jungkook said tucking my hair behind my ear.
He leaned in, connecting his lips with mine once again.

_____________________________________
Shoutout to Claudy1425 for helping me with the storyline uwu