Yoongi ♡ Comfort After A Breakup

I shivered as a strong gust of wind blew by. I tugged my coat tighter against my body as I made my way down the street. My phone started ringing inside my jacket pocket. I pulled it out, glancing at the screen. Incoming call from Yoongi

"Hello?" I answer.
"Hey where are you?"
"Out."
"Out where?" He asks.
"I'm meeting up with Chanyeol."
"Oh that stupid boyfriend of yours?"
"He's not stupid." I sigh. "He's really cute and really nice."
"Ew." Yoongi says.
"At least he's tall." I shoot back.
Silence.
"Okay you know what? I don't wanna hang out with you anymore. Bye." Yoongi said.
"Alright. Our friendship was fun while it lasted."
I hung up the phone and slipped it back into my pocket.
"Okay." I sigh heavily. "To the coffee shop."

I step into the shop, the warm air inside immediately hitting my face along with the scent of coffee. I glance around, my eyes stopping when I spot Chanyeol. He sees me and gives a small wave. I walked over and took a seat across from him.

"Hey." I smile.
"Hi." He gives me a forced smile.
"So, you said wanted to meet me here?"
"Yeah." He lets out a heavy sigh.

Oh no. This can't be good.

"I think we should go our separate ways."
"Wait. What?"
"I'm sorry Y/n. I really am."

"Why? I thought we were doing really good. What happened?"
He looked away, avoiding making eye contact with me.
"Chan." I spoke softly.
"I found someone else." He said quickly.
"You... found... someone else?" I spoke slowly as if repeating it to myself just to make sure I heard him correctly.
"I met someone recently and she makes me really happy. I just... didn't want to cheat on you."
"Alright." I nod, swallowing hard. "Well, I'm gonna go now."
"Y/n I know I'm such a jerk for doing this. I'm sorry."
"It's fine." I held my hand up, my voice shaky. "Goodbye Chanyeol."
I walked out of the coffee shop, my heart heavy, my eyes misty.

I pull my phone out and call Yoongi out of pure habit. He's been my best friend for years and I can always turn to him, even if he's grouchy sometimes.

"Well well well, look who decided to call back." He answers almost immediately.
"Yoongi." I speak into the phone.
"Y/n?" His tone had gone serious. "Are you okay?"
"No." My voice comes out even shakier than before.
"What did he do?" Yoongi practically growls.
"He-" I start, but my voice catches in my throat.
"I'm coming to get you. Where are you?"
"Next to the convenience store. The one near the coffee shop." I answer.
"Stay right there."
"Okay."

The line goes dead. I heave a sigh, my breath coming out in fog due to the cold air. I lean against the glass window of the convenience store watching for Yoongi.

Minutes later a black car pulls up to the curb, screeching to a stop. The window rolls down revealing a worried Min Yoongi.
I rush over and open the passenger side door, getting inside the warm car.

"Y/n your nose and cheeks are pink." Yoongi reaches in the backseat. "Here." He says tossing a blanket to me.
"Thank you." I sniffle, laying the blanket on my lap.
"If I was with you I would have beat his face in." Yoongi seethed. "I don't even know what he did but I'm already mad at him."
"He broke up with me because he met someone else and didn't want to cheat." I muttered.
"Are you kidding me?"
"I wish I was." I sighed.
"What a douche. I told you he was stupid."
"I'd rather not be nagged right now."
"You're right." Yoongi huffed. "Sorry."

The ride was quiet. I didn't speak and neither did Yoongi. I was so zoned out I didn't even realize Yoongi was taking me to his house rather than mine. The car came to a stop, jerking me a little.
Yoongi got out and walked over to my side, opening the door and helping me out. When we got inside, Yoongi took the blanket and set it aside while I removed my shoes.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.
"Not hungry." I muttered.
Yoongi sighed, running his fingers through his hair.
"Come here." He spoke up.
I look at him, furrowing my brows. He grabbed my arm pulling me into a hug. I slowly wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back. Yoongi hardly ever hugs me, but when he does, I know he means it. I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes just enjoying the feeling of being held. He pulled away after that, a light blush on his cheeks.
"You should get into something more comfortable. You can raid my closet if you'd like."
"Okay. Thanks Yoongi."
"Mhm." He hummed.

I looked through his drawers finding a pair of red plaid pajama pants. In his closet I grabbed one of his many Fear Of God shirts. I quickly changed into the clothes I picked out, blushing when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. This is the first time I'm wearing Yoongi's clothes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't imagine what it would be like wearing his clothes. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't like Yoongi.
I hear my phone ring, making me jump a little, pulling me from my fantasies. I walk over to the bed, retrieving my phone, seeing that my mom is calling.

"Mom! Hi." I answer the phone.
"Hi sweetheart. I know it's been a while since I've called, so I wanted to see how things are over there."
"Things are... fine."
"That's good to hear. How's Chanyeol?" She asks.
"Oh." I go silent. "Actually, Chanyeol broke up with me for someone else." I said quietly.
"Oh no. Honey I'm so sorry."
"It's fine. Yoongi is helping me calm down."
"That's good. You know I always thought you and him would end up together."
"What?"
"Yes. You two have always been so close I assumed you two would date."
"I don't think Yoongi is into dating. For as long as I've known him he's never really shown an interest in dating."
"Well, maybe he'll come around one day. I'm gonna let you go. Just wanted to see how you're doing."
"Alright. Thanks mom."
"Sure thing. Oh and Y/n?"
"Yes?"
"Things will get better."
"Thanks mom. I love you."
"Love you too."
I hung up the phone and slipped it back into my jacket pocket before heading back to the living room.

"Finally. I was about to come up there and check on-" Yoongi stopped in his tracks, his eyes going wide.
"Cute. I mean comfy! You look comfy."
"Thanks." I mumble bashfully, looking down at my feet.
Cute? Did he mean it?
"Um... I ordered a pizza. I know you said you weren't hungry but-"
"It's fine." I cut him off.
He nodded, taking a seat on the couch. "C'mon. Sit down." He gestured to the spot next to him.
I listened and sat down beside him, a small frown on my face.
"Stop that." Yoongi said, sounding frustrated.
"Stop what?" I question.
"Stop moping around. If anything you should be relieved. Chanyeol was a jerk. I hated him from the start, but you seemed happy so I didn't want to interfere."
"Well... I'm sorry." I muttered.
"Me too." He let out a sigh.
"Why are you sorry?" I asked.
"Because I didn't tell you how I really felt."
My eyes widened.
"I liked-" He paused. "I like you Y/n. I liked you this whole time and didn't say anything."
"Yoongi." I started. "I like you too."
"You do? Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure." I laughed lightly.
Yoongi gave me a small smile, his little teeth making an appearance. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side. I laid my head on his chest, a content smile making it's way onto my face. Yoongi quickly gave me a kiss on the forehead causing a blush to make its way onto my cheeks.
"I promise I'll treat you better than Chanyeol ever did." He said.
"I know you will."

______________________________________
This is an imagine I wrote for an instagram imagines theme. I had to cut a lot out for it to fit on 9 slides so this is the full version.