Namjoon ♡ Christmas

"Here you go. This one is from me." Namjoon grinned handing me a present from underneath the tree.
I took the beautifully wrapped box from him, reading the to and from sticker on it.

To: My beautiful girlfriend Y/n
From: Your handsome boyfriend Joon

I chuckled lightly at the silly tag.
"I'm surprised this gift is wrapped so perfectly." I commented.
"Well, I am a good rapper after all." He said, a stupid grin making its way onto his face.
"Oh my gosh Namjoon." I sighed shaking my head at his lame pun.
"Hurry and open it." He urged me.
"Okay okay." I said picking at the edge of the wrapping. Once I got a good grip on the paper I ripped it off revealing a brown box with gold spots all over it. I skeptically looked up at Namjoon. His eyes were twinkling with excitement, urging me to hurry and open the box. So that's what I did.
When I removed the lid I saw a red turtleneck folded up, the words mon amour sewn in gold cursive on the neck. I tilted my head to the side and pulled it out of the box seeing another sweater identical to it.
"You've always talked about wanting matching couples clothes, so I got both of us matching sweaters from that store you like so much." Namjoon beamed.
"Oh my gosh." I grinned brightly. "This is amazing. Thank you so much." I hugged him tightly.
"You're welcome babygirl." He said kissing my forehead.
"I just wish we had somewhere to wear them out to." I said with a frown.
"What?" Namjoon asked, his smile fading.
I pulled Namjoon's gift out from under the tree and handed it to him.
His eyes widened.
"Wait. Is that what I think it is?"
"I don't know." I shrugged. "Why don't you open it and find out."
He ripped the wrapping paper away, revealing two tickets to a nearby attraction that gets decorated in Christmas lights around the holidays.
"Wait. Did you really do this?"
"Yes." I grinned proudly.
"These tickets were probably expensive."
"It doesn't matter! It's for a special occasion."
"Baby. This is so sweet. Thank you so much." Namjoon pulled me in for a big hug. "I can't wait to go see them."
"Well you're in luck, we're going tonight."
"What?"
"Did you not look at the tickets? They're for tonight." I said.
Namjoon looked at the tickets seeing today's date on them.
"We're going tonight!" He said excitedly.

***

Namjoon and I got ready to leave, both of us sporting our new matching sweaters.

"You look adorable." Namjoon smiled fondly.
"You do too."
"Not as cute as you though. Let's take a picture."
He pulled out his phone and opened up the camera, making sure we were both in frame. He leaned his head over against mine and smiled before taking the picture.
"Cute." He smiled softly as he looked at the picture. "We should get going now. I'm so excited I can hardly wait!"

***

Namjoon and I arrived at the gardens, tickets in hand. We handed them to the ticket attendant, both of us giddy with excitement.
The lady tore off part of the ticket and handed the remains back to us.

"Enjoy." She smiled.
Namjoon and I walked through the entrance and into the gardens. We were immediately greeted with trees and bushes covered in brilliant Christmas lights. We walked along the stone pathway admiring all the decorations. There were blow up snowmen in the flower garden and Christmas trees set up everywhere.

"Wow." I whispered in awe. "This is even more amazing than I thought it would be."
"It is." Namjoon spoke, sounding a little distracted.
I looked over at him. He stood still, eyes wide and sparkly, mouth slightly agape as he marveled at the twinkling lights. A warm smile spread across my face seeing how happy he was.

This gift is so worth it.

"C'mon let's go look over here." Namjoon grabbed my hand excitedly, acting like a little kid.
We walked underneath a gorgeous archway lined with lights that led to a winding stone path. There were all sorts of festive decorations. I took notice of a light up Santa sleigh with reindeer. The faint sound of Christmas music could be heard playing through the speakers hidden in the bushes. I could feel Namjoon's hand reach for mine, his fingers lacing with my own. I smiled softly. We walked together hand in hand. Every once in a while I would hear Namjoon humming along to the Christmas songs.

Eventually we came upon stone steps leading to an area that overlooked Seoul. We both stopped, staring out at the brilliant city lights shining in the dark.

"I love this so much." Namjoon smiled.
"Me too." I agreed, leaning my head on his shoulder.
He pulled me into his chest pressing a kiss to my forehead. I looked up at him, a blush tinting my cheeks. He leaned down giving me a soft kiss on the lips, staying there for a few seconds, our lips moulding together perfectly. I never imagined kissing Namjoon while overlooking the city. It sounds like a fantasy, but now it's a reality.
He pulled away gently tracing his thumb over my bottom lip.

"This is the best a Christmas ever."

______________________________________
This wasn't the best yikes!
Fun fact I based this "Christmas garden" off an actual place. There's a nearby attraction called Rock City. It's way up on a mountain and you walk through gardens and caves and over stone bridges. There's even a spot that overlooks seven different states. There's a plaque that has arrows pointing in the directions of the different states and tells you how far away they are from that point. And at Christmastime they decorate with lights and have all kinds of holiday activities.