Sympathy for the Devil: Part Two

While Sam was out doing whatever it is he does, you and Dean have some time alone to yourselves. That means you might find a way to get him to open up about Sam and peek into his brain.

"Come on, Dean, we have to talk about him. We're alone just how you like it," you sigh and watch as he checks his guns yet another time. He wants to stay busy so he doesn't have to think about his brother or anything else right now. "I want to be there for Sam, I really do."

"Then be there for him. I'm not going to stop you."

"Dean, he shouldn't have trusted Ruby. I know that, but aren't we to blame as well? We didn't exactly make it easy on him. I know I didn't. After you died, I shut him out. Maybe if I hadn't, he wouldn't have leaned on Ruby so much or even met her."

"Don't blame yourself, Y/N. He's a grown man who can make his own decisions."

"Yeah, I guess," you sigh sadly.

The motel door opens, and Sam walks in with three bags in his hands. The atmosphere in the room before he entered wasn't good to begin with, but as soon as they made eye contact, it got worse. He locks the door and tosses two of the bags he has in his hands at you and Dean. You catch yours easily since you saw it coming.

"These are hex bags. No way the angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter."

"Where'd you get it?" Dean asks.

"I made it."

"How?"

"I... I learned it from Ruby."

"Speaking of," he says as he set his gun on the table, "how you doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?"

"I-It's weird. Uh, tell you the truth, I'm fine. No shakes and no fever. It's like whoever put me on that plane cleaned me right up."

"That's good, isn't it? Going at this with a fresh mind," you try to lighten the air.

"Yeah, I guess. Guys, look—"

"Sam," Dean interrupts him, and turns back to the guns on the table, "it's okay. You don't have to say anything."

"Well, that's good because what can I even say? 'I'm sorry'? 'I screwed up'? Doesn't really do it justice, you know? Look, there's nothing I can do or say that will ever make this right—"

"So why do you keep bringing it up?!" Dean yells.

"Can we please not fight?" you groan.

"Look, all I'm saying is why do we have to put this under a microscope? We made a mess. We clean it up. That's it."

"Okay," the younger brother whispers.

"Alright, so, say this is just any other hunt. What do we do first?"

"We'd, uh, figure out where the thing is."

"Yeah, so all we gotta do is find the devil. Easy peasy," you scoff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your reflection stares back at you as if she's disappointed in you for leaving Sam when he clearly needed you. You throw some water on your face to help cleanse your bad graces. Sam gave you and Dean hex bags, but you specifically remember Castiel giving you a piece of paper with a spell on it that will help you stay clear from Lucifer when he goes looking for you, Sam, and Dean.

"If I'm as powerful as you say I am, what can I do to help? What kind of spells can I do that might stop Lucifer walking this Earth?"

"You can start with this one," he said, pulling out a piece of paper from his trench coat and handing it to you. "With the right amount of power, you can beat Lucifer if we lose."