Two Minutes to Midnight: Part One

Dean's becoming more distant than usual. His words are ringing in your head from last night.

I'm saying I don't trust you anymore. And it's going to take a lot more than a conversation for you to earn it back, but the way I see it, you never will.

You're lucky I'm not treating you like the other witches. But, with the way things are going, maybe I should start.

The one thing you never wanted to hear from him is that you lost his trust. You never meant for all of this to happen when you did what you did. It's not like you wanted to deliberately hurt him, and as much as he doesn't believe you, you did do it because of Amara. If only she could leave you alone, then maybe you might have kept it. Castiel can't bring it back, and right now, you're not so sure you want to.

Having another kid isn't going to make this magically go away. It's going to take some serious work on your part if you and Dean are ever going to go back to the way things were. Your relationship is breaking, and you're not so sure you can save it this time. You want to work on getting his trust back, but with what you just learned about Sam, it's kind of hard to stay on track.

When your dad got possessed by a demon that left him paralyzed, he was able to gain control by fighting from within. Sam thinks he can do the same thing if he lets Lucifer in. There are a few problems with that. One, Sam isn't strong enough since he made it clear he doesn't have any self control when it comes to angels and demons. Two, even if he was strong enough, Lucifer is the third fourth most powerful creature on Earth with Michael, God, and Amara being above him. How can Sam keep something like him at bay from within?

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dean yells at his brother when he figured out what Sam has in store.

"Dean," he sighs.

"No, don't 'Dean' me. I mean, you've have had some stupid ideas in the past, But this," he shakes his head and turns to your dad who has been silent throughout this whole ordeal. "D-did you know about this?"

"What?"

"About Sam's genius plan to cram the devil down his throat."

"Yeah," he whispers.

"Thanks for the heads up, dad!" you accuse.

"Hey, this ain't about me!"

"You can't do this," Dean turns to his brother again.

"That's the consensus."

"Alright. Awesome. Then, end of discussion," he shrugs, ending the conversation so he doesn't have to think about this for much longer.

He's not going to let his little brother get possessed by the devil when he knows it's not going to work. You trust Sam to do a lot of things, but this is much bigger than he realizes, and he's going in headfirst without looking at the bigger picture. Everyone is on edge, and you're not really sure what to say at this point when your phone starts ringing. You take it out and look at the caller ID which is unknown.

"Hello?" you answer.

"Y/N?"

"Castiel?" you ask, and all heads turn to you.

"Is he okay?" Sam asks.

"We all thought you were dead. Where the hell are you?" you ask, ignoring Sam's question.

"A hospital."

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Okay, want to elaborate on that?" you sigh.