The Song Remains The Same: Part Two

Dean pulled up to the house where the Winchesters were staying at, and you looked around to see if any of these houses were your mom's. When you saw her for the first time, there was a pull coming from her body, making sure you knew she was around.

You didn't get that feeling this time.

The Impala was parked in front of the house so you knew this was the right one. You three got out of the car to survey the house, but you were growing nervous. Sam was dead set on seeing his parents, but his brother stopped him before he could go any further.

"Sam. Sam. Wait, wait, wait, wait."

"Dean, Anna could be here any second."

"What exactly are we gonna march up there and tell 'em?"

"Uh, the truth?"

"What, that their sons are back from the future to save them from an angel? Gone Terminator? Come on. Those movies haven't even come out yet."

"Well, then tell her demons are after 'em. I mean, she thinks you two are hunters, right?"

"Yeah, hunters who disappeared right when her dad died. She's gonna love us," you said sarcastically.

There was a pause as Dean thought of what to do next.

"Just follow my lead," he sighed, walking up to the house and ringing the doorbell.

It didn't take long for someone to answer, and Mary looked at you and Dean in disdain.

"Hi, Mary," Dean chuckled.

"It's good to see you again," you smiled.

Looking over at Sam, you saw that his reaction was the same when Dean found out that she was his mother.

"You two can't be here," she panicked.

"I'm sorry if this is a bad time."

"You don't understand. I'm not—" she looked at Sam and stopped the thought from coming out of her mouth. "I don't do that anymore. I have a normal life now. You have to go."

"I'm sorry," Dean sighed, stopping the door when she tried to shut it on him, "but this is important, okay?"

The door swung open wider to reveal John, and Sam gasped quietly when he saw him.

"Sorry, sweetie, they're just..."

"Mary's cousins," you smiled, finishing for her. "Yeah, we couldn't stop through town without swinging by and saying 'hey', now, could we?"

"I'm Dean and this is Y/N," Dean introduced himself and you to John even though they already met.

"You look familiar."

"Really? Yeah, you do, too, actually, you know? We must have met sometime. Small towns, right? Got to love 'em," he chuckled.

"I'm John," John smiled, holding out his hand for Sam to shake.

Sam had tears in his eyes like you'd expected him to, but he shook off the shock and shook his hand.

"This is Sam," Dean said for his brother.

"Sam. Uh, Mary's father was a Sam."

"It's a family name," you chuckled.

"You okay, pal? You look a little spooked," John chuckled nervously when Sam hadn't let go of his hand yet.

He dropped it in realization and just chuckled.

"Oh. Oh, yeah. Just a... long trip."

"Well, Sam, Dean, and Y/N were just on their way out," Mary chuckled.