My Bloody Valentine: Final Part

If the key to getting to Famine was through souls, then you needed to go to the last person who died which meant going to the morgue and talking to Dr. Corman. Dean knew these people better than you, so he did all the talking when he spotted a nurse he was familiar with.

"Hey, Marty. Is Dr. Corman around?"

"You haven't heard?"

"Heard what?"

"He died last night," he sighed, taking you three to see the body. The nurse uncovered the head so you could get a good look at him. "Guy's been dry for the last 20 years, but this morning, he left work, went home, and drank himself to death."

"It's Famine," Castiel admitted.

"Pardon?"

"Would you give us a minute, please?" you asked.

"Sure," Marty nodded, leaving the room.

"Shit! I really kind of liked this guy," Dean sighed. Castiel placed his hand on the stomach of the body to get a feel if the soul was still intact or not.

"They haven't harvested his soul yet."

"The only way to get to Famine is through a game called "Capture the Soul." Our best shot starts with him," you noted.

"Yeah, you're right," Dean sighed.

The more you spent hiding this secret of yours, the more guilty you felt, but it would be worse now if you told him since he didn't even have a say in the matter. It's hard to even look at him without falling apart, but you had to try and get past it on your own. Maybe you can make another kid and this won't even matter. However, the same issue still stands as before—you couldn't raise a kid right now with everything going on. You couldn't do that to them. All you could do right now was work the case even if your guilt was eating your insides.

You and Dean waited in the parking lot until you saw a demon exit with the doctor's soul. Right now, there was nothing so the waiting was excruciating. Dean was just sitting there in silence, and you thought if you told him now, he could begin the process of healing. Before you had a chance to say anything, Castiel appeared in the front seat with a bag full of hamburgers. He opened one and began eating it with a smile.

"Are you serious?" Dean asked.

"These make me very happy."

"How many is that?" you asked.

"I lost count. It's in the low hundreds."

"Okay, you need to stop," you muttered, sliding over to his side and placing both hands on his head, your fingers digging into his forehead.

Both hands glowed bright blue as you gave him an even bigger dose of your magic. As soon as you let go, Castiel dropped the burger since he no longer craved it.

"You can't keep giving me that."

"I know, but it's just temporary until we find Famine," you sighed.

"Fine," he said, leaving the car in silence. It was like that for a few minutes until he broke it again. "What I don't understand is where is your hunger, Dean?"

"Huh?"

"Well, slowly but surely, everyone in this town is falling prey to Famine, but so far, you seem unaffected. We know why Y/N is immune to it, but I don't know why you are."

"Hey, when I want to drink, I drink. When I want sex, I go get it. Same goes for a sandwich or a fight."

"So, you're saying you're just well-adjusted?"