Abandon All Hope: Part One

Ever since you dealt with the last case and the Supernatural convention, you've hadn't had a problem with Amara. No dreams, no vision, and no pounding headaches. Come to think of it, you haven't really had a problem with her before that case either. It was like she wanted to give you a break until that case. But, why? Why wait until that case? Was it because you were in the presence of a prophet and he could tell you more about her? If so, why didn't she act up when you met him before? All of this was very confusing, but since there wasn't any guidebook on mental torture by a person who may or may not be real, all you could do was keep on living.

To do that, you made sure to put all of your focus on the piece of information that Sam gave after that last case. Apparently, Becky had told him that a demon named Crowley had the Colt when Bela stole it and said she gave it to Lilith. Now that you finally have a solid lead in what feels like years, you were able to use Castiel to find Crowley. Right now, the angel is tailing the demon while you and the brothers were chilling by a lake and taking a break from driving.

"The demon Crowley is making a deal; even as we speak, it's—going—down," Castiel said over speakerphone.

"Going down? Right. Okay, Huggy Bear, just don't lose him," Dean ordered.

"I won't lose him," the angel promised.

"Call us back when you have something," you suggested, hanging up the phone.

"How are you doing?" Dean asked, bringing you into his arms.

Sam leaned on the trunk of the car, watching you and Dean converse.

"I'm okay, really. It's like, ever since I got a good night's sleep, I haven't seen her. No visions, headaches, or anything. It's like she disappeared."

"That's good, right?" Sam asked.

"I'm not so sure it is. I mean, why show up at all? Why that case? Why leave so suddenly? Is she trying to tell me something? Half of me wants to figure out where she is and release her so I can get some answers."

"I don't think that's such a good idea. I mean, if she is real, she's locked up for a reason, right?" Dean shrugged.

"Exactly. You two have Michael and Lucifer, and yeah, Lucifer was locked up, but no one really knows who Amara is. She must have been locked up for a very long time which means she must have done something really bad to get her there. I'm her vessel, which means I'm in trouble."

"That's unsettling," Sam muttered just as Dean's phone rang.

Dean picked it up, and judging by the caller ID, he put it on speakerphone before he could say anything.

"What do you got?"

"I followed him. It's not far, but—it's layered in Enochian warding magic. I can't get in."

"You did great, Castiel. We can take it from here," you praised.

"We're going to need some help," Sam said, taking out his own phone and dialing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe I'm doing this," you muttered to yourself as you walked up the paved driveway to Crowley's mansion.

The short dress you were wearing was bunching up, and you pulled it down for the third time. Dresses were not part of your attire, but it needed to be done if you wanted to get inside the gate.

"We could have sent in Jo," Dean spoke through the earpiece in your ear.

"No. I can handle myself more than she can. I trust her, but if Crowley is in here then his guard dogs will be tougher than anything she's faced."