The Song Remains The Same: Part One

The wind in your hair felt nice compared to the cold weather you were used to. At this time of the year in most states, snow was basically all you could see. Other states—the hotter ones—didn't have snow, but they were still pretty cold. It was a nice change of pace to feel the sun beating down on you with a warm breeze through your hair.

The environment was warm and welcoming, and you thought it was a good idea to have a picnic on top of a hill where you could overlook the park. The food was laid out in front of you, but you weren't eating it. Everything seemed too perfect to be considered normal. Looking away from the scenery, you stared into the eyes of the one who was most connected to you. It's been a while since she's infiltrated your dreams, but you didn't mind it much.

"How have you been?" Amara asked.

"Do you really want to know, or are you just making small talk?"

"Please don't resent me," she sighed.

"How can I when everyone is telling me you're the bad guy?"

"All I want is to reunite my family. How is that bad?"

"And you have to do it with me?"

"Look, it took four of my nephews plus my own brother to put me away last time. Angels weren't even created then. The whole power of Heaven against me isn't going to go well. If I had you, I would be able to get what I want."

"And what about what I want? I saw what Raphael did to his vessel. He left him in an almost vegetative state. How do I know you're not going to do the same to me?"

"You want a family, don't you? Children with Dean Winchester?"

"How do you know that?"

"Give me my family and I'll give you yours. All I'm asking for is your help," she sighed.

From one moment to the next, she went from calm and collected to alert and cautious.

"Amara, what's wrong?" you wondered. She looked back before misting away in black smoke. A few seconds later, Anna stood in her place. "Anna?"

"Who were you just talking to?" she asks. By the shocked look on her face, she knew exactly who it was. However, there seemed to be no time since she got right to the chase. "I can't find you."

"Yeah, Castiel did this thing on our ribs," you mentioned, rubbing the spot where he branded.

"Castiel, right," she sighed. "Now, there's a friend you can count on."

"What?"

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell us what?"

"Where I've been. Of course not, why would he?" she scoffed.

"Anna, what's going on? Where have you been?"

"Prison. Upstairs. All the torture, twice the self-righteousness."

"That's not like Castiel. Why would he have told us where you were?" you asked, standing up.

"Because he's the one who turned me in," she revealed, causing you to look shocked at the news. "Don't look so shocked. He was always a good little soldier. Did anything under orders."

"I didn't know. Are you okay?"

"No, and I don't have long. I broke out. Barely. They're looking for me. If they find me—"