Two Minutes to Midnight: Part Three

"Alright, well, good luck stopping the whole zombie apocalypse," Dean encourages Castiel and Sam.

After some argument from your dad, he made the very clear point about him not being any useful on the trip which is why he's staying home. You didn't like that he felt this way, but after some careful thinking, he's much safer here than anywhere else.

"Yeah. Good luck killing Death," Sam scoffs. "Remember when we used to just hunt wendigos? How simple things were?"

"Not really," Dean shakes his head.

"Well, you might need this," Sam says and pulls out Ruby's knife.

"Keep it," Crowley says when he came back, and hands you and Dean small scythes. "They're covered. Death's own. Kills demons and angels and reapers and, rumor has it, the very thing itself."

"How did you get those?" Castiel asks.

"Hello, king of the crossroads. So, shall we? Bobby, you just gonna sit there?"

"No, I'm gonna riverdance," he says sarcastically.

"I suppose if you want to impress the ladies. Bobby, you really wasted that crossroads deal. Fact, you get more if you phrase it properly. So, I took the liberty of adding a teeny little sub-a clause on your behalf. What can I say? I'm an altruist. So, are you just gonna sit there?"

Everyone is silent and looking at your dad to see what he's going to do. Why would Crowley ask him that unless your dad could actually walk again? Wait, did he actually heal your dad? It seems like your dad can't believe what he might be saying because he looks just as confused and shocked as the rest of everyone.

Still, that doesn't stop him from trying. He tries to move his feet, and low and behold, he can. You gasp and cover your mouth when your dad plants both feet on the ground. When he realizes he can move, he slowly gets up until he is standing.

"Son of a bitch," he mutters.

"Yes, I know. Completely worth your soul. I'm a hell of a guy," Crowley chuckles.

"Thanks."

"This is getting maudlin. Can we go?"

"I'm so happy for you," you grin and hug your dad tightly. "Please be safe out there. I don't need you back in a wheelchair."

"I promise," he whispers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place where Death is hanging out is apparently at a fucking motel room. It doesn't matter where he is as long as you get his ring and stop the upcoming storm. The wind blows in all directions, and rain falls from the sky at a normal pace that will pick up once the storm is closer. Thunder can be heard off in the distance as it makes it way towards town.

"Hey, let's stop for pizza," Crowley says as the three of you walk to the motel.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" you ask.

"Just heard it was good. That's all. Up ahead. Big, ugly building. Ground zero. Horseman's stable, if you will. He's in there."

"How do you know?" Dean asks.

"Have you met me? Because I know. Also, the block is squirming with reapers. I'll be right back," Crowley say and disappears. It takes three seconds before he reappears behind you and Dean. "Boy, is my face red. Death's not in there."

"You want to cut the cute and get to the part where you tell me where he is?" Dean demands.

"Sorry, I don't know," he shrugs and turns around to leave.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. You don't know?" you ask angrily.

"Signs pointed. I-I'm just as shocked as you two."

"My dad sold his fucking soul for this?" you scream.

You're about to lunge at the demon, but Dean holds you back. It does no one good to kill the demon before things have a chance to get started.

"Relax. All deals are soul back or store credit. We'll catch Death in the next doomed city."

"There are millions of people in this city, Crowley! Millions of people are about to die any minute!" you yell and shake Dean off you.

"True. So I strongly suggest we get out of here."

"No, I'm not leaving like this. Death may not be in there, but he's around here somewhere. You can leave if you want to, but I'm going to find him," you say and walk away.

"Where are you going?" Dean calls out.

"Why do you care? I'm out of your hair!" you shout and continue on your way.

Dean isn't going to catch you like this, so he motions for Crowley to follow and heads back to the car. You're in the middle of the city, and it looks like the storm isn't going away any time soon. He has to be here, and with your magic, you might be able to find him before he leaves again. If not, then millions of people die at the hands of you.

It takes forever to search through most of the city, and since you didn't find anything, you meet with Dean and Crowley in the middle of a bustling city. You get into the backseat with a sigh.

"How was your search?"

"I've searched half of this city, and nothing. Where the hell could this guy be?" you groan.

"So, what now? Call in a bomb threat? 1,000 bomb threats? I mean, how the hell are we supposed to get three million people out of Chicago in the next 10 minutes?" Dean asks.

Crowley disappears from the front seat, and you groan in frustration.

"Way to go, Dean. Let's bring Crowley along, that'll make for good company," you spat.

"Would you stop? At least he's being helpful," he scoffs. Usually, you would have a remark to make, but you're silent. "Why are you being silent?"

"Shut up and look," you say and point to Crowley who is standing in front of a pizzeria across the street.

He mouths something, but you don't understand a word he's saying. He's great at what he does, but he's poor at mouthing words. After much confusion on yours and Dean's part, he teleports from the pizzeria to the car.

"You're terrible at mouthing words," you say to him.

"I said I found him. Death is in there."

"Great, come on," you encourage. Both you and Dean get out of the car, and when you look at Crowley to ask him if he's coming, he's already gone in fear of facing Death. "I'm not waiting for him. Let's go through the back. He's probably expecting us to go through the front."

"Yeah, good idea," he says.

It's the first time you two agree on something, but you don't question it. Instead, you head towards the back of the place and sneak in that way. He must really be Death because there are bodies everywhere. Anyone who was inside the pizzeria eating was either slumps over in their chairs to lying on the floor. Every single person here was dead except for Death. He's sitting all alone at a table, eating... pizza?