99 Problems: Part Two

If now isn't the right time, then you don't know when it will be. Things keep piling up, and you're scared Dean is going to find out about you through someone else which will only make this worse. The guilt is eating at you from the inside, and you need to come clean about what you did.

"Dean, I need to tell you something," you say while Sam is off making a call to the nicest angel you know.

"Yeah."

"Dean, this is important. Like, really important."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, well, no. You see, a couple of weeks ago, I... okay, I'm just going to come out and say it. I—"

"I left Cas a message. I think," Sam interrupts. He takes a seat and hands you and Dean a beer, and his attention is focused back on the case. "So, uh, what's your theory? Why all of the demon hits?"

"I don't know. Gank the girl? The prophet, maybe?" Dean theorizes.

"She's not a prophet," you interject.

"What?"

"She's not a prophet because she's not human. Prophets are human. She's not, so therefore, she can't be a prophet," you say with some tension.

"How do you know she's not human?" Sam asks.

"I just do, okay? I can sense these things."

"Yeah, well, whatever is going on, sucks. These angels are sending these people to do their dirty work."

"Yeah, and?" Dean asks after he takes a sip of beer.

"And they could get ripped to shreds."

"We're all gonna die, Sam. In like a month—maybe two. I mean it. This is the end of the world, but these people aren't freaking out. In fact they're running to the exit in an orderly fashion. I don't know that that's such a bad thing."

"Who says they're all gonna die? What ever happened to us saving them?" he asks angrily.

Before anyone else had a chance to answer, the church bells toll, and everyone starts to get out of their seats.

"Something I said?" Dean shrugs.

"Paul. What's going on?" Sam asks.

"Leah's had another vision."

"Wanna go to church?" Sam questions and gets up.

"You know me—downright pious," Dean smiles.

"Dean, seriously, I do need to talk to you. It's very important."

"What is it? Tell me now."

"It's not the time. Just please remind me when we have a chance."

"Okay," he nods, and the three of you head over to the church where everyone is gathered.

"Three miles off Talmadge Road," Pastor Gideon says once it's time to begin. Leah stands behind him, and she interrupts by whispering in her dad's ear. "Five miles. There are demons gathered. I don't know how many, but a lot. Thank you, Leah. So, who's going to join me?"

"Wouldn't miss it," Rob volunteers.

"Someone's gotta cover Rob's ass," Paul grins.

"We're in, Padre," Dean speaks for you three.

"Thank you. I'd like to offer a prayer. "Our Father in Heaven—"

"Yeah, not so much," you scoff.

"—help us to fight in your name. We ask that you protect us from all servants of evil. Guide our hands in defeating them and deliver us home safely. Thank you, Amen."