Hammer of the Gods: Part One

The storm came out of nowhere. One minute it was perfect and everything was alright until the rain started pouring down like it was going out of style. Sam and Dean sat up front like always, but you're in the back laying down. You're trying to go to sleep, but it's hard when you're having a nightmare. Dean's still giving you the ice-cold shoulder, and it's reflecting onto your dreams. Most nights are dreamless, but then you'll get the ones of your dead child asking you why you threw her away.

The only way you're ever going to move on from this is if Dean forgives you. And he's not exactly making it easy for you. You toss and turn as much as you can on the back seat and let out a soft moan.

"Dean," Sam whispers.

"What?" he snaps, focusing his eyes on the road.

They both hear you suffering back there, and the younger brother took charge to speak about it first.

"It's been weeks, Dean. When are you going to forgive her?"

"Never... Soon... I don't know. I can't forgive something like this so easily. We don't work anymore. I want it to, but how can it when she's keeping things from me now?"

"Okay, when are you going to talk to her about it? You're still avoiding her like the plague."

"Soon... I don't know."

"The only way you'll move on is if you talk about it and work it out. Yeah, she made a mistake, but you two have been through so much together."

"That's the point, Sammy. We've been through too much, and she decides to hide it from me? What does that tell you? Am I not father material? Does she not want a kid with me?"

"You know that's not it."

"Then why'd she hide it?"

"She was scared."

"Not good enough," he shakes his head and ends the conversation. The rain pours harder, and Dean knows he has to get off the road unless he wants to crash. "Find somewhere to stay. We can't keep driving."

"Fine," Sam sighs and takes out his phone.

Even with all the rain, the phone has great service, and he finds a four-star hotel out in the middle of nowhere. It's suspicious, but Dean doesn't question a bed and food for the night. It's about two miles from where Dean is, and he rushes safely over to the hotel. He parks crookedly and gets out, not bothering to wake you. Sam sighs and looks back to see your eyes open.

"We're stopping for the night."

"Yeah, I heard," you sighed and got up.

The rain is coming down so fast that by the time you three enter the hotel, you're soaked to the bone. The inside of the place looks fancier than you've ever had it be. There are a lot of guests roaming around, some at the bar, and others in the dining hall where they're eating. Two people are at the front desk ready to check in. Every chair is crisp white, chandeliers hang from the ceiling with style, and the colors match the vibe of the hotel: a mixture of light and dark purple and white.

"Whew. Nice digs, for once," Dean scoffs and heads over to the front desk when the couple leave.

You and Sam follow behind closely, but the man named Chad doesn't look up from the computer screen. He types fast on the keyboard, faster than you've ever seen anyone type. Your eyes narrow in suspicion, but the brothers don't notice.

"Busy night," Dean comments.

Chad promptly stops and looks at Dean with a smile.

"Any port in a storm, I guess," he chuckles and pulls out a clipboard with papers attached to it. "If you could just fill this out, please."