Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid: Part Two

Dean had his suspicions about this case, and you didn't believe your dad when he said he took care of it. There was something about keeping a secret in and lying about it that you could spot other lies as well. It takes one to know one is what they always say. Dean knew exactly where he was going and knew that St. Anthony's Cemetery was on his way out of town. It was the cemetery that everyone went to after dying, so if your dad was lying, then the body wouldn't be in the grave.

"What's up?" Sam asked when the car stopped.

"Isn't that the graveyard back there?"

"Yeah. So, what? Bobby already checked it out."

"And my dad is never wrong?" you scoffed.

"Yeah, we'll take a peek, and then we'll hit the road. Can't hurt," he shrugged.

Without another word, you two left the car, and Sam had no choice but to follow. Entering the cemetery, you bounced between graves until you found the one that you were looking for. The only grave with overturned soil was Clay Thompson's grave. If your dad was wrong, then a body wouldn't be in this grave.

"Hey, I think I found it," you called out, pointing to the grave. "Does that look fresh to you?"

"Yeah, actually," Sam muttered.

Dean thought ahead and brought the shovels beforehand, so he handed you a shovel and got to work. Once you got down to the coffin, you opened it to reveal there wasn't a body inside.

"What is going on here?"

"I don't know, but something stinks."

"Looks like the dead are coming to life," you sighed.

"Where do you think Clay is?" Sam wondered.

"If I had been dead and suddenly brought back to life, I would want to go home. We should find out where he lives and check there," you sighed, turning away and leaving the two.

Dean watched after you, and his head started turning over what could be wrong with you.

As soon as you got to Clay's house, you could sense something was wrong. Entering the place, you shined your flashlight around to see it was a normal looking house. The gun in your other hand stayed trained right in front of you in case something decided to attack you at a moment's notice. There was no indication that the dead was even back here. Rounding the corner, you came face to face with Clay Thompson. He saw an opportunity and began to attack. Before he could even put your hands on you, you blasted him with magic, sending him toppling to the ground.

"What the hell was that?!"

"You're Clay Thompson, right?"

"Please, there's money in the safe!" he begged.

"We don't want your money," you rolled your eyes.

"Who are you?"

"FBI."

"FBI? Oh, my God. This is about Benny."

"Dude, you're the dead one here and you're complaining about Benny?" you asked.

"He killed me! He shot me in the back! I'm supposed to let him get away with that?"

"Hold up. Are... are you confessing?" Dean asked.

"Please. I'll go with you. Just... just don't wake my kids," he cried.

"You'll go with us... where?" Sam asked softly.

"Jail."

"Let me get this straight. You're Clay Thompson, and you died five years ago? Three days ago, you climbed out of your grave and killed Benny Sutton?"