Swan Song: Final Part

Your dad drove here with Castiel, so he took his car back to his house. You offered to be with him, but he wanted to make that drive alone. You were okay with that as long as he promised to be there when you arrived with Dean. This day has been heavy for you, and you don't think you can say anything that will make anyone feel better. So, instead, you rest your head on the window and stare as the world passes you by.

"What are you gonna do now?" Dean asks the new angel.

"Return to Heaven, I suppose."

"Heaven?"

"With Michael in the Cage, I'm sure it's total anarchy up there."

"So, what, you're the new sheriff in town?" Dean asks.

"I like that. Yeah. I suppose I am," Castiel chuckles.

"Wow. God gives you a brand-new, shiny set of wings, and suddenly you're his bitch again," he scoffs.

"I don't know what God wants. I don't know if he'll even return. It just... seems like the right thing to do."

"Well, if you do see him, you tell him we're coming for him next."

"You're angry," Castiel sighs.

"No," you manage to get out. "I'm pissed."

"He helped. Maybe even more than we realize."

"That's easy for you to say. He brought you back. But what about Sam? What about me, huh? Where's my grand prize? All I got is my brother in a hole!" he yells.

"You got what you asked for, Dean. No paradise. No hell. Just more of the same. I mean it, Dean. What would you rather have? Peace or freedom?" he asks.

He lets the question hang in the air, and just disappears. When Dean looks at where he was sitting, he realizes he's gone. There is nothing you can do or say that will make up for the damage you caused. This was supposed to be your ticket to redemption, and it's gone. Dean will never forgive you now.

Hopefully getting back on the road and killing some monsters will help. But, without Sam, how is it ever going to be the same?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I got everything packed and ready to go. I hate leaving you like this. Especially after everything that happened," you say to your dad.

Everyone arrived back at your dad's place in one piece. If you're going to stay alive, then you have to keep going. He understands why you have to leave and hunt, and he's not stopping you. Dean hasn't said a word to you since he got back, but you didn't expect him to. It's going to take a while before he can fully trust you, and you hope hunting will help.

"Don't worry about me. Just make sure you call every once in a while."

"Every day," you smile and hug your dad.

Dean's things are in the car, and your stuff is sitting on a nearby table. It's not a lot of stuff, but then again, you didn't have much to begin with. You step away to let your dad and Dean say goodbye before approaching the older Winchester.

"Let me get my stuff," you say, and turn to leave.

"Actually, I think I'm going to leave alone."

"What?" you ask and turn back around to face him.

"I think it's time that we go our separate ways."

"You can't be serious, Dean," you glare angrily.

"I just need some space, is all. After everything you did."

"I am sick and tired of you holding that over my head!" you scream. "I apologize over and over again, and you refuse to even listen! Did you stop to think about how this is affecting me? I made a fucking mistake, and I'm trying to do right by it, but you're not letting me! How many times can I try to make things right?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, Y/N. Sam is gone, and all we ever do is fight!" he yells at you.

"Because you refuse to fucking listen! I've put myself in your shoes, Dean! I've seen this situation through your eyes plenty of times! You think I betrayed you for killing our child. You think I did it because you think I think of you as a bad dad! We've been through a lot, Dean, and you think that because we've been through worse together, I can't possibly use Amara as an excuse."

"Because it's fucking true!"

"No it isn't!" you shriek. "You haven't once stopped to see this how I see this. You haven't once put yourself in my shoes! How is that fucking fair to me? I'm trying to work this out, but you're making it fucking impossible because you have daddy issues and a bruised ego. Well guess what, Dean, get over it!

Dean scoffs with a shake of his head. His stuff is already in the car, and he turns around to get into it. He places his hand on the door handle, but you're not done.

"Dean, stop! I'm sick and tired of having this fight with you. If you get in that car, we are done! No more fighting, no more hunting together, no communication, and no more us. Do you understand me?" you shout.

It's not fair to give him this ultimatum, and by the looks of it, he's seriously contemplating this decision as if you don't mean the world to him. He keeps his back turned to you with his hand still on the door handle.

Without another word, he wretches the door open and gets in. Your heart breaks when he starts the car, and he doesn't look back when he drives off. The soothing sound of the Impala is enough to keep you intact, but when you don't hear or see it anymore, that's when you break down crying.

You're finding it hard to breathe, and you run your fingers through your hair to have something to grasp onto when you feel it. You take your hands away from your head to stare at the diamond promise ring Dean gave you last year when you were dealing with the magicians that wanted immortality. You can still remember his words when he gave it to you.

"I was serious when I said this ring would represent my promise to always love you."

He fucking lied. This ring means nothing to you anymore, so you yank it off your finger and throw it as far as possible from you. Your legs give out from beneath you, and you crumble to the rocky ground. Loud sobs leave your mouth, and hot tears stream down your face. You never thought you and Dean would ever break up, that you two would only grow stronger the older you get.

Sam's gone, Dean wants nothing to do with you, and now...

Now, you're left with nothing.