Fallen Idols: Part One

There comes a time in everyone's life where fairy tales and make believe are simply that. Cinderella is only a fairy tale, there is no wicked witch of the west coming to get you, the monsters under your bed are only lumps of lint that little kids believe to be eyes, and all the scary things kids believe to be out there can be explained away by normal objects.

Not you.

In your life, everything that adults believe to be fake are real. The monsters are real and they won't stop until they have every last person in this world. There is no escaping the monsters under your bed because as you grow older, you realize those monsters are within yourself with no way out. Instead, you bury them deep and pretend they never existed in the first place. Bad idea. They always seem to come out in the end.

"So, what happened?" you asked as you stared at the ceiling of the car from the back seat.

The drive was long, and you thought you would get a few hours in to sleep, but the brothers do not to know to keep things quiet. So, instead of sleeping, you decided to get re-familiar with the case that is just shouting for you.

"Dude suffers a head-on collision in a parked car. I'd say that's worth checking out," Dean answered from the front seat.

"Yeah, definitely, uh, but, uh, we got bigger problems, don't you think?" Sam asked.

"I'm sure the apocalypse'll still be there when we get back."

"Right, yeah, but I mean, if—if the Colt is really out there somewhere—"

"Sam, all we've been doing is searching for the Colt, and we have nothing on it. I'm sure wherever it is, it's still going to be there when the case is done," you sighed.

"Okay. But Y/N... I mean, if we're gonna ice the Devil—"

"This is what we're doing! Okay? End of discussion," Dean shouted which caused an uncomfortable silence to form between the three people in the car. "It's just that this is our first real case, back at it together. You know, I think we ought to ease into it, put the training wheels back on."

"So, you think I need training wheels," Sam sighed.

"He didn't say that," you spoke quietly.

"No, 'we'. 'We' need training wheels, you, me, and Y/N. As a team. Okay?"

"Okay," the younger brother nodded.

"Man, I really want this to be a fresh start, you know? For the three of us."

"Does that mean we're going to have weekly sleepovers, braid Sam's hair, and talk about our feelings all night while wearing mud masks?" you joked with a smile.

That seemed to lighten the air in the car, and both brothers grabbed whatever trash Dean had on the floor before throwing it back towards you. Giggling, you flicked off the candy wrappers and fast food junk off your stomach before closing your eyes.

This is going to be good for all three of you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into the Sheriff's department, you looked around for the man who could be in charge before approaching him. Reaching into your blazer's inside breast pocket, you pulled out your fake FBI badge before flashing it to him.

"Agents Lennon, Bonham and Copeland," you introduced the team before putting away your badge.

"Rick Carnegie," the Sheriff shook hands with you and the brothers. "Good to know ya. So, you're here on account of Cal Hawkins' death?"