I Believe the Children Are Our Future: Part Two

"You're going to get sick if you eat all this ham," you noted as Dean worked on his third sandwich of the early evening. Sam walked into the motel room and rolled his eyes when he saw his brother eating.

"Dude, seriously—still with the ham?"

"We don't have a fridge," Dean said with his mouth full. Sam placed a map in front of you and Dean before explaining what he found.

"Well, I found something," Sam pointed to each of the red X's he marked on the map. "Um, tooth fairy attack was here, Pop Rocks and Coke was here, then you've got itching powder, face freeze, and joy buzzer—all located within a two-mile radius."

"So, we got a blast zone of weird, and inside, fantasy becomes reality?" you wondered.

"Looks like."

"And what's the A-bomb at its center?"

"Four acres of farmland and a house."

"Then I know where we need to go next," you declared as you snatched the keys from the table.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why don't you just knock?" you asked as Sam tried to pick the lock.

"There might not be anyone home," he said just as the door opened.

Sam quickly put away the lock pick kit as you three stared at the kid who answered the door. There was a soft black glow around the kid's body, and your eyes widened when you realized what that meant.

"Can I help you?"

"Hi. Uh, what's your name?"

"Who wants to know?"

"The, uh, FBI," Dean said as he and Sam took out their credentials to show him, but you couldn't seem to move.

Dean looked at you to see what was wrong when he noticed your pale face. There was something you were seeing that they weren't and he became worried.

"Let me see that," the young boy said as he grabbed Dean's badge. When he was convinced that they were real, he handed it back. "So, what, you guys don't knock?"

"Are your parents home?" you whispered.

"They work."

"Could we please take a look inside? Maybe ask you a few questions?" you asked, trying to show the boy you can do more than just stare at him in fear.

"Fine," he sighed as he let you inside.

He walked to the kitchen where a pot of soup was cooking. He turned off the stove and began pouring it into a bowl.

"What's that?" Sam asked, trying to make conversation.

"It's called soup. You heat it up and you eat it."

"Right. I, I know. It's just, um... I used to make my own dinner, too, when I was a kid."

"Well, I'm not a kid," he said defensively.

"No, you're not," you muttered.

Dean noticed artwork on the fridge, and he took it down before showing it to young boy.

"I'm Robert, by the way," Sam said as he shook his hand.

"Jesse."

"Did you draw this?" Dean asked as he motioned to the drawing of the tooth fairy in which Sam described exactly at the hospital.

"It's the tooth fairy," Jesse nodded.

"That's what you think the tooth fairy looks like, huh?"

"Yeah. My dad told me about him. What, didn't your dad tell you about the tooth fairy?"