Abandon All Hope: Final Part

"That's my girl, you're okay, honey," Ellen whispered to her daughter as she held her.

Jo wasn't looking too good, and you were trying everything you could not to break down here and now. You've been using your magic to heal the wound, and it's been working, but her body has been drained of so much blood that even if the wound was closed, she wasn't going to make it.

"Now we know where the devil's gonna be, we know when, and we have the Colt."

"Yeah. We just have to get past eight or so hellhounds and get to the farm by midnight."

"Yeah, and that's after we get Jo and Ellen the hell out of town."

"It won't be easy."

"What about a stretcher? I can use my magic to conceal them from Meg or whoever looks at them," you suggested.

"I'll see what we got," Sam said, turning to leave when Jo stopped him.

"Stop. Guys, stop. Can we, uh, be realistic about this, please? I can't move my legs. I can't be moved. My guts are being held in by an ace bandage. We gotta—we gotta get our priorities straight here. Number one, I'm not going anywhere."

"Joanna Beth, you stop talking like that," Ellen choked up.

"Mom. I can't fight. I can't walk. But I can do something. We got propane, wiring, rock salt, iron nails, and everything else we need."

"Everything we need?" you wondered.

"To build a bomb, Y/N."

"No. Jo, no, that's crazy!"

"You got another plan? You got any other plan? Those are hellhounds out there, Y/N. They've got all of our scents. Those bitches will never stop coming after you. We let the dogs in, you guys hit the roof, make a break for the building next over. I can wait here with my finger on the button, rip those mutts a new one. Or at least get you a few minutes' head start, anyway."

"No, I—I won't let you," Ellen cried.

"This is why we're here, right? If I can get us a shot on the devil—Dean, we have to take it."

"No!" Ellen shouted, looking at Dean. "That's not—"

"Mom, this might literally be your last chance to treat me like an adult. Might wanna take it?" she coughed.

Ellen starts sobbing, and you let tears fall from your eyes at the realization that Jo isn't going to see tomorrow... and Ellen might not either.

"You heard her. Get to work," Ellen sniffled.

Wiping the tears from your eyes, you and the Winchesters set out to make the bombs, filling them with nails and rock salt for shrapnel. All of those bombs took time, and it was night fall when you finished. Sam takes Jo's hand while Dean strings the wire to the button she will hold.

"Okay, this is it. I'll see you on the other side. Probably sooner than later," Dean chuckled humorlessly.

"Make it later," she sighed.

Dean puts the button in Jo's hand. She didn't like this even though it was necessary for survival. He kissed her forehead meaningfully before pulling away. Ellen came back and took a seat next to her daughter. Mother and daughter stared at one another before Ellen smiled.

"Mom, no."

"Somebody's gotta let them in. Like you said, you're not moving. You got me, Jo. And you're right, this is important. But I will not leave you here alone."

"Ellen," you got tears again.

"Get going now," she sniffled.

"Ellen!"