Good God, Y'All: Part One

Author's Note: so sorry this wasn't out on thursday! my sister just went back to college so i got caught up in spending time with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since your father had been paralyzed from the waist down, he hasn't said much since the initial day. He was angry, you could tell that just by the look in his eyes. He refused to say a word since you and the brothers arrived at the hospital. Dean was elsewhere in this hospital doing God only knows what. Sam was standing by the door, waiting for his brother to come back, and you were kneeling by your father's wheelchair that faced the window.

"Dad, I am so sorry. You know, if I could heal you, I would. You know I would. I'm not strong enough, and I hate that I'm not," you sniffled as two tears rolled down your cheeks. Your dad didn't respond with words, instead, he placed his hand over yours and gave it an affectionate pat. Dean appeared by the door with a manila envelope in hand.

"It's been like, three days now? We got to cheer him up. Maybe give him a back rub," he suggested. Rubbing your father's back in comfort, you got up and approached the brothers.

"Look... we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time," the younger brother sighed. Looking at the manila envelope, you scrunched your face in confusion.

"What's the in the envelope?"

"Went to radiology," he answered, opening it and took out the contents. Got some glamor shots."

"This is amazing," you whispered as you stared at the ribs that were covered with Enochian writing. Assuming this was on your ribs as well, you rubbed your chest in thought.

"Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

"Holy shit," Sam gasped.

"Yeah, well, Cas carved you one, too," Dean snickered. Your phone rang which broke the tension in the room. Answering it, you wondered who it could be.

"Hello? Castiel?" you asked, wondering why an Angel would be calling you on a cell phone.

"Where are you?"

"St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you—Castiel?" you interrupted yourself when he cut the phone all a bit too early.

"What did he want?" Sam asked.

"Just wondered where we were and then he hung up." A doctor's voice sounded over the PA system, and there was a bit of commotion in the hallway only to reveal the angel in question standing in the doorway.

"Cell phone, Castiel? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from angels now—all angels. I won't be able to simply—"

"Enough foreplay," your father interrupted the angel. "Get over here and lay your damn hands on. Get healing. Now."

"I can't," Castiel hesitated.

"Say again?" Bobby asked as he turned his wheelchair around.

"I'm cut off from heaven and much of heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't."

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap for the rest of my life?"

"Dad."

"I'm sorry."

"Shove it up your ass," he growled as he turned back to face the window.

"At least he's talking now," Dean shrugged.