Point of No Return: Part Three

Since you didn't find Dean anywhere, you thought he must have done what he wanted and headed back. You expected everything to be exactly the way you left it, however, that wasn't the case when you and Sam got home to discover that Adam was gone.

"Bobby, what do you mean, 'Adam is gone'?" Sam repeats.

"Should I say it in Spanish?"

"He's gone how? What the hell, dad?" you gasp.

"Watch your tone, young lady. He was right in front of me, and he disappeared into thin air," your dad explains.

Suddenly, a gust of wind carries throughout the room, and Castiel appears with a bloody and battered Dean in his arms.

"Because the angels took him," the angel explains.

"What the hell happened to him?"

"Me," he growls and tosses him on the couch.

"Seriously?" you ask.

"Like he didn't deserve it," he shrugs.

Your first instinct is to go to him to take care of the cuts and bruises on his face, but with the way he's been treating you tells you to back off.

"What do you mean the angels took Adam? You branded his ribs, didn't you?" your dad asks.

Fuck it, you go over to Dean and kneel by his body. Your hand glows blue as you touch his face, and the cuts you touch heal automatically as your magic works its way through his system.

"Yes. Adam must have tipped them."

"How?"

"I don't know. Maybe in a dream."

"Well, where would they have taken him?" Sam asks just as the last cut heals.

A tear rolls down your cheek, and you hesitantly pull yourself away from him.

"I'll find that out. In the meantime, make sure he doesn't leave," Castiel says and disappears.

"What do you plan on doing with him?" you ask the men in the room.

"We cuff him downstairs. Clearly, he'll find a way to escape. If he's cuffed, he won't go anywhere. Let's grab him, Y/N," Sam takes charge.

You and Sam go downstairs with Dean and back into the panic room where the older brother is cuffed to the cot. It pains you to see him like this, especially when he thinks he has nothing else to live for. Ever since your secret came out, you feel like you two being in a relationship isn't going to work out.

Dean is resting on the cot, Sam is sitting by his side, and you're standing awkwardly off to the side with tear-stained cheeks. Thinking back to all of the bad shit you've done to yourself and to the brothers, none of them compare to this. Nothing compares to the guilt you're feeling about ruining your relationship with Dean. It may not be now, but you two might break up over this. You can feel it.

Dean shoots awake, and when the handcuff resists his urge to pull away, he looks at his brother and then at you. In all his life, he never thought you would be crying because of him. He never thought he would be the reason you looked the way you did. He did feel bad, but what you did was wrong, and he's having so much trouble finding it in himself to forgive you. Sure, you can make another kid, but it wouldn't be the same.

"How are you feeling?" Sam asks.

"Word to the wise: don't piss off the nerd angels. I thought I would hurt more after what Cas did to me," he sighs.

"Y/N healed you."

"Right," Dean whispers and looks away from you.

"Adam's gone. The angels have him."

"Where?"

"The room where they took you and Y/N before."

"The golden room with no doors or windows," you butt in.

"I know what it is," he snaps. You shut your mouth in shame and look at your feet. He turns back to his brother. "Are you sure that's where they have him?"

"Cas did a re-con."

"And?"

"The place is crawling with mooks. It's pretty much a no-shot-in-hell, hail-Mary kind of thing."

"Ah, so the usual. What are you going to do about it?"

"For starters, I'm bringing you with," he confesses and gets up.

"Excuse me?"

"There are too many of them," he talks while he unlocks Dean's cuffs. "We can't do it alone. And uh, you're pretty much the only game in town."

"What about Y/N?" Dean whispers.

"Look at her. Do you really think she's in the right mind after the way you're treating her?" he whispers back.

"She killed my child."

"Yeah, so talk about it like fucking adults. Don't shut her out."

"Whatever, look, isn't bringing me into this thing a bad idea?" Dean's voice raises once he changes the topic.

Of course, you heard him, but you decided it was best to stay silent through it all.

"Cas and Bobby think so. We're not so sure."

"Well, they're right. Because either it's a trap to get me there to make me say yes, or it's not a trap and I'm gonna say yes anyway. And I will. I'll do it. Fair warning," he shrugs.

"No, you won't. When push shoves, you'll make the right call."

"You know, if the tables were turned, I'd let you rot in here. Hell, I have let you rot in here."

"Yeah, well, I guess I'm not that smart," he chuckles.

"I—I don't get it. Sam, why are you doing this?"

"Because you're still my big brother."

Sam pats him on the back twice and leaves the room, letting you and Dean be alone. Dean wants to say something to you, but he goes against it and just leaves. This is getting to be too much, but you have to pull through if you're going to have hope that you and Dean are going to make it out of this alive. You take a deep sigh and follow the brothers upstairs to go over the plan Sam came up with without telling you. Or maybe he did tell you, and you just didn't listen.

Regardless, you three have a plan.