Changing Channels: Part One

"Dean, do you have to watch that here? I'm trying to eat," you half-joked, throwing your wrapper of the candy you bought from the vending machine earlier.

He disregarded your comment as he stared at the TV as Dr. Sexy MD played. He was channel surfing, this was on, and he hasn't taken his eyes off the TV yet. Right now, a doctor was making out with a woman in an elevator while you were eating on the bed next to him and Sam was in the bathroom.

"Dean, your girlfriend is right here. If you want a make out session, I'd be glad to give you one," you added.

"What are you watching?" Sam asked from the bathroom door.

His brother's voice made Dean snap out of his trance, but he didn't look away from the TV.

"Hospital show. Dr. Sexy, MD. I think it's based on a book."

"When did you hit menopause?" Sam scoffed.

Tipping your head back, you let out a loud laugh as you got off the bed.

"It's called channel surfing," Dean pouted, getting up and turning off the TV.

Sam grabbed his suit jacket off the other bed and put it on.

"You boys ready?" you asked, putting on your grey blazer.

"Are you?" Sam asked Dean.

The older brother just rolled his eyes, grabbed his keys, and left the motel room with you and Sam snickering from behind him. The drive to the police station wasn't long since you were down the street from it. As soon as you walked in flashed your important badges, the sheriff came out and started talking to you.

"The FBI is here why, exactly?"

"It might have something to do with one of your locals getting his head ripped off," you said in a monotone voice.

"Bill Randolph died from a bear attack."

"How sure are you that it was a bear?" you questioned.

"What else would it be?"

"Well, whatever it was it chased Mr. Randolph through the woods, smashed through his front door, followed him up the stairs, and killed him in his bedroom. Is that common? A bear doing all that?" Dean asked.

"Depends how pissed off it is, I guess. Look, the Randolphs live way up in high country. You got trout runs to make a grown man weep... and bears."

"Right, and what about Mrs. Randolph? The file says she saw the whole thing," Sam commented.

"Yes, she did. My heart goes out to that poor woman."

"She said it was a bear."

"Kathy Randolph went through a hell of a trauma. She's confused," the sheriff said after a few reluctant pauses.

"What did she say?" you asked.

"I think you'd rather hear it from her. Take a seat in the interview room, and I'll call her down to the station."

"Thanks," you nodded, leading the brothers to the room.

After taking a seat, you leaned back in exhaustion.

"What do you think she saw? Was it really a bear?" you wondered.

"I guess we have to wait and see," Sam sighed as he took a seat.

Due to it being a small town, it didn't take long for Kathy to show up at the police station. Once she was escorted into the room, she took a seat across from the three of you with a nervous look.