The Curious Case of Dean Winchester: Final Part

"Dean!" you hissed after you busted out of the pub with the toothpick. Dean and Sam were waiting while your dad was in the car.

"How's it going in there?"

"How do you think it's going? You got everything you need?"

"We still need a little he-witch DNA."

"He was chewing this," you said, handing over the toothpick. "Hurry up, please."

"Alright, just keep him busy. Y/N... don't lose."

"Shut up and leave. I'm still fucking mad at you," you glared and walked back inside the pub before returning to your chair.

Luckily, Lila and Patrick weren't back yet so you could pretend like you never went out. Shortly after returning to your seat, Patrick came back and took his seat while Lila stood back. Patrick pushed the stack of cards over to you which signaled that he wanted you to shuffle.

"Question," Patrick began, "Is this what you meant to give your boyfriend?" He took out a toothpick from his jacket pocket, but you wouldn't give away your expression. "The one you gave him never passed my lips. Won't do a scrap of good. I don't like cheating, Y/N."

Patrick held out his hand, and the first thing you did to defend yourself was hold out your hands in front of you. Your eyes shined a bright blue as a small wall of magic hovered in front of your hands as your magic protected yourself from Patrick's. Lila watched with worried eyes at this interaction.

"I'm very impressed, Y/N. Not many witches can resist my magic," his fist grew tighter as he spoke. "Unfortunately for you, I'm much older and stronger than you are."

Patrick was able to break the barrier of your magic, and when he did, your throat closed up. The light in your eyes went out as you began to choke, and you looked at Lila for help. As soon as she locked eyes with you, she sprang into action. She bounced over to Patrick and grabbed his wrist.

"Stop it! Patrick, let her go!"

"She tried to kill us!"

"I did it! I gave them the spell!" Lila confessed. Patrick released his hold on you, and you gasped for air at the first chance you got.

"What?" he asked as he stood up and touched her face gently. "Why... why would you do that?"

"You know why," she said softly, touching the locket around her neck. "You know." Patrick stared at her painfully before taking a seat and facing you.

"Keep. Playing," Patrick growled.

Taking a deep breath, you dealt the cards. A handful of moments later, and the game was thick with tension. More than a dozen chips are piled next to the eight of hearts, the queens of clubs and diamonds, and the two of diamonds. Patrick discards a card and deals the ace of clubs. Thinking about your next move, you stacked five chips next to another five that was next to the pile.

"Well, look at you—the percentage player betting the farm. Awful transparent of you, Y/N. I mean, if I had a monster hand like you have, I'd trap you. But you get so excited, you bet yourself right out of a big pot," he sniffled and discarded his cards. "I fold."

"Set of ladies, I'm guessing," you said, collecting the couple dozen chips before turning over your set of cards: the three of clubs and five of diamonds, for one pair of queens.

"Nice bluff. If we had time, I could make a real player out of you."

"I got time."

"Maybe. But I can't say the same for Dean. Your boyfriend's gonna be dead soon," he ticked. Your heart raced at the thought of Dean dying, and you tried really hard to contain your rage. "And when I say 'soon', I mean minutes."