The Song Remains The Same: Part Three

"Monsters. Monsters?" John repeated himself as he drove the Impala with Mary next to him, and you three in the back seat with you in the middle.

"Yes," Mary sighed.

"Monsters are real."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how—"

"And you fight them? All of you?" he interrupted her.

"Yeah," you sighed.

"How long?" John asked his wife.

"All my life. John, just try to understand."

"She didn't exactly have a choice—"

"Shut up, all of you!" he yelled, cutting Dean off. "Look, not another word, or so help me, I will turn this car around!"

"Wow," Dean whispered once silence fell. "Awkward family road trip."

"No kidding," Sam sighed.

John kept driving because Mary wanted to get everyone to safety. Apparently, she had a house that was meant to house hunters since it had salt, iron, and all kinds of gadgets that might help a hunter survive demons and spirits. Once John pulled up to the normal looking house, Mary led everyone inside of it.

"This place has been in the family for years," she explained, flipping up a round carpet by the front door to reveal a devil's trap. "Devil's trap. Pure iron fixtures, of course. Um, there should be salt and holy water in the pantry, knives, and guns."

"All that will do is just piss it off," you noted.

"So, what will kill it? Or slow it down, at least?"

"Not much," Sam answered.

"Great," Mary laughed humorlessly.

"He said not much, not nothing. We packed," Dean assured her, going over to a table and setting the duffel bag down.

"We got the good stuff," you whispered with a wink. "Hey, do you know where Y/M/N is?"

"She should be close to here. I'll give her a call and have her come over. Is that what you want?" she asked.

"Yes, please," you smiled.

Mary left the room to do what you asked of her, and you felt your heart sing at the thought of seeing your mother another time. She was right, she lived close because she was over not long after the call was made. Everyone except for Sam and John knew your mother was a hunter, so it wasn't a surprise when she walked in on you and Dean taking weapons out of a duffel bag. Footsteps sounded from behind you, and you looked up to see your mother walk in the room.

Damn, she was still so beautiful.

"Y/M/N! I'm glad you made it!" you smiled, going over to her and hugging her.

"Y/N! I didn't know you were going to be here. I'm glad that you are," she chuckled when you pulled away. "What's going on?"

"Angels are after Mary and John," you began, telling her everything you could without letting her know that you were actually from the future.

"Well, I'm glad she called me because she's gonna need us."

"Does Mary know that you're a—"

"Witch? Yeah, I had to come clean when she found my secret room I took you in. I had to move since her parents were becoming very suspicious. I'm doing good now," she smiled.

"Good, I'm glad to hear it," you nodded.

"If we put this up and she comes close," Dean held up a paper with the angel-banishing sigil on it, and everyone's attention was on him, "we beam her right off the starship."