99 Problems: Part Three

"No drinking, no gambling, and no premarital sex. Dean, they basically just outlawed ninety percent of your personality. Same thing goes for you, Y/N," Sam comments once the funeral is over.

Now that you two have some time, you really do need to talk to Dean.

"Yeah, well, whatever. When in Rome," he shrugs.

"So, uh... you're cool with it?"

"I'm not cool. I'm not, not cool. I'm just, look man, I'm not a prophet. We're not locals. It's not my call."

"Dean, can we talk, please?" you beg.

"Something is wrong with Leah. Can it wait until after? I want to talk to her about what she saw."

"Fine, but we need to talk after," you sigh.

"Okay, fine. Come on. We'll catch up with you later, Sammy."

"Yeah," he rolls his eyes lightly.

You follow Dean back inside the church and to the office where Leah was told to go rest. Dean opens the door with a knock, and she is laying on the couch with her fingers rubbing her temple.

"Is this a bad time?"

"In general. Now's okay," she sighs and sits up.

"Angel stuff really takes it out of you, huh?"

"Can't complain. I know you have it worse, you both do. So... what's on your mind, Dean?"

"Don't take this the wrong way but... are you on the level?"

"About what?"

"About paradise."

"What about it?"

"He wants to know what the angels have been telling you. All of it. Don't spare us any details, we've been through worse. Trust me," you get right to the point.

"Okay, well, there's gonna be a prize-fight. It's gonna get bad. But after we win—and we will—the planet gets handed over to the chosen, and it's finally peaceful. No monsters, no disease, no death. You're just with the people you love."

"Of course, that's if you can get past the velvet rope. Must be nice—being chosen."

"Well, Dean you're chosen. Both of you are."

"Yeah, more like cursed," he scoffs.

"Must be hard being the Vessel of Heaven and having no hope."

"You don't know what we've been through."

"Oh, I know it all. Everything," she smiles.

The look she's giving you tells you that she knows what you did, and if you dare cross her, she's going to spill the beans.

"Come on, Dean. Let's give her some space. She's probably tired."

"Thanks for stopping by. I'm fine," she assures.

"Okay," Dean nods and leaves with you. You don't want to tell him here where everyone can see and hear. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Let's go back to the motel," you offer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, you've been staring at me for the past ten minutes. What do you need to tell me?" Dean interrupts your train of thought.

"Okay, a few weeks ago, I... I don't know how to say this without the risk of you hating me."

"I could never hate you. What happened?" he softens his voice.