Two Minutes to Midnight: Part Two

"Why aren't you on the ground?"

"Pestilence is great and all, but Amara is a lot stronger than he is."

"Amara, I should have known," Pestilence scoffs. "Always getting in my way even when we were younger."

He nods to the demonic nurse, and she disappears only to reappear behind you. She grabs your arms and holds you to her body tightly. Sam falls to the ground since he's too weak to get up on his own.

"Sam! Dean!" you yell as the nurse drags you into the room.

She forces you into a chair and uses her powers to hold you there while she gets Sam and Dean. She grabs their collars and drags them inside the room before closing the door.

"You boys don't look well. It might be the, uh, Scarlet fever, meningitis, or syphilis! That's no fun. It doesn't matter because what you feel right now? It's gonna get so very, very much worse," he grins and walks over to Sam. He grabs him by the hair and lifts his head up to look into his eyes. "Questions?"

When Sam doesn't answer, he laughs and drops his head.

"Leave them alone!" you yell and struggle against the demons powers.

Since you're so worried about the brothers, you can't concentrate on fighting against her powers. You know you can beat it, but there is no way you'll be able to concentrate with the brothers in so much pain.

"Disease gets a bad rap, don't you think?" Pestilence ignores you as he continues talking. "For being filthy. Chaotic. Uh, but, really, that just describes people who get sick. Disease itself is very pure and single-minded. Bacteria has one purpose–divide and conquer.

"That's why, in the end it always wins. So, you've got to wonder why God pours all his love into something so messy and weak. It's ridiculous. All I can do is show him he's wrong, one epidemic at a time. Now... On a scale of 1 to 10, how's your pain?"

The door to the room opens and Castiel stands in the doorframe. He could not have picked a better time to show up since you're running out of options to save the brothers.

"Castiel!" you exclaim.

"How'd you get here?" Pestilence asks the angel.

"I took a bus. Don't worry, I—" Castiel is cut off by coughing.

He crumbles to the ground and spits up blood. It looks like even an angel is going to be affected by him. Castiel isn't as strong as he used to be, but still.

"Well, look at that. An occupied vessel, but powerless. Oh, that's fascinating. There's not a speck of angel in you, is there?" Pestilence teases.

Ruby's knife is lying very close to Castiel's hand, and he musters up whatever energy is left in his body to push through. He grabs it and gets up, slamming the blade down on Pestilence's pinky and ring finger–the finger that houses his ring. The Horseman screams out in pain and backs away.

"Maybe just a speck," he chuckles.

The demon yells and runs at Castiel for hurting Pestilence. She tackles him to the ground, which releases your hold since she's focused on something else. You get out of your chair and immediately go to Sam and Dean. Both your hands are blue, and you place them on their heads to try and heal some of the pain.

The demon takes down Castiel, but he stabs her when she lands on top of him. She dies instantly, and you focus back on the brothers. However, because the ring is away from the owner, the effect Pestilence had on the brothers is no longer there. Dean pushes your hand away and gets up to grab the ring that's just sitting in a bloody mess. You frown but help Sam to his feet.