⚰️their reactions to you dying⚰️

It's time for my specialty: angst. Requested by @KFC_CHIKEN. Hope you enjoy it!

Kudo Shinichi

• What

• What do you mean

• Doesn't believe it at first. Thinks it's just a cruel prank you're pulling on him.

• You can't be dead, right?

• When he sees your dead body, however, he knows it's not a joke anymore.

• Has no idea what to do after you're gone. He'll probably help your parents around the house after the funeral.

• Will not touch anything that belongs to you. He wants to keep everything the way they were before you passed away.

• If he's feeling really depressed, he'll break the above rule and go into your room. He'll just sit on the edge of your bed and reminisce about the way things were.

• Thought he was already a recluse? Think again.

• He's going to become a literal hermit after you die. He'll stay shut up in your room or his and will refuse to come out.

• Ran, Hattori, or your parents will have to gradually coax him out.

• Slowly, he'll start picking up the pieces of himself again and begin to move on, but he's never going to forget you.

Hattori Heiji:

• If it was a murder, he's gonna go beat that person's ass and throw them into jail no matter what it takes.

• If it was a car accident, same thing.

• If it was due to illness, he can't do much. He'll just make the most of the remaining time he has with you.

• Regardless of what happens, he'll feel hollow and empty after you're gone.

• Being as stubborn as he is, he'll refuse to move on for a long time.

• How could he, when the light of his life was no longer by his side?

• Will keep all of your belongings.

• Probably goes to sleep holding one of your t-shirts at night for comfort and sweet dreams.

• He'll wallow in his misery for as long as time allows him to. Kazuha literally has to bonk him over the head and scold him, saying that you wouldn't want him dwelling on the past for him to get back on his feet.

• He'll carry a photo of you two with him no matter where he goes from then on. It's the closest thing to having you by his side.

Kuroba Kaito:

• Why

• No

• Not again.

• Why does everyone he loves have to leave him?

• First his dad, then his mom, and now you?

• Why must you do this to him?

• He'll stay holed up inside his room for eternity, clinging to a shirt of yours and drifting in and out of sleep.

• Nobody can coax him back to reality, not even Aoko or his mom.

• He'll probably slip into that hidden room where he keeps all his Kid stuff if he wants to get away from it all.

• Considers ending it for good with a knife to his wrist or a gunshot to the head.

• If you were murdered by a Black Organization member, he's going to don the cape once more, but he'll put them through a world of pain.

• He never made the promise to never hurt anyone at his heists, and he isn't going to hold back now.

• Same thing with a car accident or anything like that.

• At night when he's having nightmares, he'll jolt awake and instinctively reach for your side of the bed, only to be met with cold sheets in his tight grasp.

• He'll cry himself back to sleep again, holding your pillow to his chest and inhaling your rapidly-fading scent.

• Please, don't take away what little he has left of you.

Hakuba Saguru:

• Empty

• Just... empty

• That's his reaction upon receiving the news that you were dead.

• He'll shut himself off from the world for a while. He's not sure what to do now.

• Every waking hour, he's painfully reminded of you.

• Your pillow that he's clutching to his chest which has your scent on it, your clothes hanging alongside his in his walk-in closet, the bottle of expensive perfume he got you for your birthday sitting next to his cologne, etc.

• He'll probably throw himself into work to distract him. Work is the best antidote to sorrow, after all.

• Will probably start heavily drinking to numb the pain. The whiskey burns his throat on its way down, but it can't compare to the pain in his heart.

• Amid a drunken stupor, he makes the impulsive decision to burn all your belongings. That way, he wouldn't have to feel any pain anymore.

• He regrets it horribly the moment he's done.

• With nothing there to remind him of what things used to be like and only his memories keeping him company, the ache in his chest only grows rather than shrinks.

• Soon, you'll fade into oblivion and only be remembered as the one that got away.

Was that angsty enough or-

Word count: 822 words

Page count: 9 pages