💕meeting your child's bf/gf💕

Requested by IceDream25.

Enjoy!

Kudo Shinichi:

"Dad! Mom! I'm home! And I brought (gf/n) home as I promised!"

That was your son, (s/n) and he had brought his girlfriend home.

"Welcome home!" you holler out from the kitchen, where you and your husband Shinichi were busy preparing dinner. You snuck over and eavesdropped on your son's conversation with his girlfriend.

"Look, you'll be alright. Just trust me, ok?"

"B-but, I'm so freaking nervous! Your dad is the Kudo Shinichi and I'm downright terrified of what your mom will think of me!"

"Nah, they'll love you. Trust me."

"Ugh, fine. But if I die, you'll have to pay the medical bills."

"Alright, alright."

You ran back to your spot at the stove and tried to busy yourself just as your son walked in with his girlfriend trailing nervously behind him. He quickly kissed you on the cheek and gave a hug to Shinichi.

"How was your date?" you asked.

Your son's girlfriend shuddered. "Mrs. Kudo, please never let your son pick the movie ever again."

Shinichi choked on the mouthful of soup he was taste-testing and you turned to stare at your son. He gulped, knowing that look. It was the look you gave him when he was about to get his ass whooped.

"Alright, fess up, (s/n). What movie did you pick?"

"... Don't Breathe," muttered your son under his breath after a few seconds of holding out.

"What gave you the idea to pick a horror movie, out of all movies, for a date?"

"It seemed good, but I didn't think it'd be that terrifying!"

You huffed and turned back to the stove, muttering something about having to teach your son some date common sense as you pour the soup into a bowl and carry it to the table.

Once you had finished setting the table, with your son doing most of the work, you hung your apron up and took your seat at the dinner table.

You took this opportunity to take a good look at your son's girlfriend. Without creeping her out, of course. Well-mannered, smart, seemed like she was from a good family, and pretty. A few of your requirements were already checked off.

You shot a glance at Shinichi. You had no idea how to initiate a conversation like this. Luckily, he did.

"So, (gf/n), what are your thoughts about my son?"

She swallowed her soup and put her spoon down before speaking. "Well, he's incredibly well-mannered, a true gentleman, and one of the nicest people that I've ever met. He's always quick to protect me, which I admire. A bit too protective, sometimes. That's where he got the black eye a few weeks ago."

"Ok, so we raised him correctly," said Shinichi. You laugh into your napkin at that. (S/n)'s girlfriend caught that and you raise your eyebrows at her.

The conversation led itself for a few minutes until your son brought up an interesting topic.

"Hey, dad. How did you and mom meet? And how did dating each other go?"

"Long story short, your dad was playing soccer and the ball hit me in the face."

Your son and his girlfriend started wheezing at that.