🐚 the little mermaid 🐚 kuroba kaito x reader (crack-ish)

A/n: I got this crack-ish idea at like 10:30 pm a few nights ago

This was originally supposed to be a Snow White inspired chapter but I changed it to this because, you know, fish.

😂

Enjoy!

"God, I can't see through all this damn fog."

The captain was interrupted by a door slamming open and rowdy sailors singing sea shanties about merfolk.

"Shut your traps, will you? Those merfolk are nautical nonsense and more importantly, they're distracting me from my job!"

"But they are real! I'm telling you!"

As they were bickering, the fish the sailor was holding slipped away from his grip and fell back into the ocean.

The fish sighed in relief before swimming away from the ship and down toward the ocean floor. Before long, he approached a shining underwater castle with flashing lights. Currently, King Triton was holding a concert in his name.

The current act ended and the crowd went wild, clapping and demanding for an encore.

"Now, up next is (y/n)! Everyone, please give her a very warm welcome!"

The crowd began cheering and clapping, chanting your name. After a few seconds, however, you hadn't appeared on stage. The crowd fell silent, wondering where you were. King Triton was also wondering the same thing.

"Where in the world is (y/n)?"

***

"Hey Flounder, there's something shiny down there. Could you get it for me?"

Your fish friend swam to the bottom and re-emerged a few seconds later with a silver fork and pipe between its teeth.

"Thanks!"

You smiled down at him and plucked them out between his teeth. Currently, you were excavating a ship graveyard. It was a lot more fun than it appeared to be. All sorts of treasures were just waiting to be discovered down there.

You grasped the fork and pipe in your fists, not knowing what they were.

"This silver thing looks pretty. Quite shiny as well."

You poked the tips of it, wincing at the unexpected sharpness of it.

"Didn't expect that."

You then turn your attention to the tubular thing in your right hand. Sticking it to your eye, you used it as a telescope before smacking it against your palm. It made a hollow, echoing sound.

You laughed at that right as a shark burst into the room, giving you chase.

You swam like hell itself was on your tail. The shark chased you out of the room, snapping at your tail fins every time it got within a few inches of it. Poor Flounder. He was barely escaping the shark's clutches as well. You scoop him up in your arm and swam in circles around the wreck with all your might.

You spotted an anchor ring out the corner of your eye.

Perfect.

"Hey! Over here, hot stuff!"

You made an "L" with your right hand and placed it on your forehead, sticking your tongue out and waving your tail side to side. With your other hand, you held an anchor chain behind you.