💎soon💎yandere!kaito x reader

⚠️Warning: Swearing ⚠️

⚠️Includes: Stalking, murder⚠️

How could this happen?

It started out as a simple schoolboy crush. The fateful day that you had transferred to his class was the day that altered his life permanently.

Kaito sighed in boredom. He was too smart for his own good. That was required for being Kaito Kid. Unfortunately, that left him with nothing to occupy his mind most of the time.

Until you came along, that is.

Put simply, you fascinated him. In his eyes, every inch of you was perfect. Your unpredictability intrigued him. Your smile left him handicapped for words.

A flawless gem.

Finally, he was able to put his mind to good use.

Which is why he started following you home after school. Like he was doing right now. He trailed about 50 feet behind you, pretending to be on his phone, when in reality, he was staring at and admiring the perfection known as you. You were waking with Aoko, but he took no notice of her. Instead, he honed in on your features. Your (h/l), (h/c) hair, swaying gracefully in the breeze. It looked so soft and shiny. Kaito so desperately wanted to run his fingers through it.

Kaito was in the middle of examining your posture and how you carried yourself, when Aoko excitedly blurted out, "Hey (y/n)! Did you hear? There's a Kaito Kid heist happening tonight at the Beika Museum. Are you coming?"

That's right... he had sent an advance notice to the museum three days ago stating he would steal a diamond known as "Marie's Eye". Believed to have belonged to the French princess Marie Antoinette, it was also one of the largest diamonds in the world.

You smiled at Aoko's childish grin. "Sorry Aoko-chan, but I can't. I'm babysitting my little cousins today."

"Oh, I see. Maybe next time then?"

You shrugged you shoulders. "Maybe."

Unbeknownst to both of you, Kaito, who was loitering some 50 feet behind you, was deep in thought. His face split into a wide, maniacal grin a few seconds later before turning around and heading the other way.

Can't make it, darling? Don't worry, I'll come directly to you.

***

You flopped onto your bed, exhausted from dealing with your little cousins. First off, they had the idea to make brownies. Without your permission. And they raided the pantry and left it looking as if a tornado had blown through, leaving you to clean up the mess once you got home from picking up some last-minute groceries. You didn't know how the brownies turned out, but you did know they made a mess of the kitchen and left you to deal with it and the mountain of dirty dishes by the sink.

The girl, Emily, who was the youngest of the two at ten years old, had somehow managed to break in your room and mess with your stuffed animals and makeup you kept tucked away for special occasions. You had just finished cleaning up the mess she made with makeup and lord knows how hard lipstick is to get out of a rug. The boy, Jacob, was slightly better as he was twelve. He was mainly glued to your television the whole time and didn't cause too many problems. You were just glad they were gone and out of the house now.