🌥goodbye halcyon days🌥 kudo shinichi x reader (pt. 2)

None of you guys asked for this but here it is 😂

"Kudo Shinichi! Where the hell did you put the remote?"

You stormed around the house, searching for your husband and the remote. You highly suspected him of having taken it.

Stomping up the stairs, you checked each of the rooms before marching towards your shared bedroom. As you approached the door, you heard... music?

Cracking the door open, you saw Shinichi with his backside to you, playing his violin.

It sounded incredible. His eyes were closed as his fingers danced across the strings, shifting up and down the fingerboard. The bow skimmed across the strings as he swayed back and forth.

Forgetting about the remote, you leaned against the doorframe and enjoyed the music, clapping when it was over.

"Wh- how long have you been there?"

"Long enough," you say as you walk over and kiss him on the cheek. "That was beautiful. You should play more often."

"Really? You think so?"

"Absolutely," you say. But for some reason, even though Shinichi had already set the violin down and was no longer playing, the music still continued.

***

You squeezed your eyes shut and turned to the other side, trying to drown out the sound.

No... just let me sleep for a bit longer... please...

You had shoved the pillow over your ear when you abruptly recognized the sound.

It was the violin music in your dream.

Fully awake now, you sprang out of bed to find the source of the music. You noticed a robe and a pair of slippers nearby, so you slipped them on and opened the door and padded out into the hallway, your footsteps making no sound.

It was like playing a game of hot and cold, except there was no one to tell you where to go, and the only clue was the music.

You were peeking into the guest bedroom when you realized something.

This was your house. Or, at least, a very accurate replica of it.

If I'm seeing my own house, does that mean I was just dreaming about a dream? Or something like that?

That boggled your mind. You decided not to think about it and instead, focus on finding the music.

After checking the entire second floor, you make your way downstairs. The music grew louder.

You immediately saw him on your left-hand side. He was standing next to the piano in the living room, playing his violin as you imagined in your dream.

If you were seeing him, then you definitely weren't dreaming.

You stood on the landing and waited for him to finish. That didn't happen, though, as Shinichi must've noticed you out the corner of his eye. He stopped playing and set his violin down, turning around.

"(Y/n)?"

"Shinichi?"

You two just stared at each other, not moving, not breathing, until you broke the trance and ran down the stairs two at a time, jumped the last three steps and flew straight into his arms.

You were a straight-up sobbing mess, simply put. These weren't the pretty, delicate, princess sobs in movies. No, this was a full-blown sob fest with tears gushing down your cheeks and snot dripping out your nose.

"I m-missed you so much!" you managed to choke out between your sobs.

Shinichi was trying to hold his tears back but failing horrendously at it. "S-so did I. But why did you have to kill yourself?"

"I-I couldn't handle it anymore..."

Shinichi pulled you into a bone-crushing hug. "Although I don't approve of what you've done... I'm glad I get to see you again."

You clung to him tighter, wincing at Shinichi's iron grip and nodded, wiping your tears away.

Shinichi brushed some hair behind your ear and wiped away a few stray tears you had missed. "Thank you for always visiting me. It really meant a lot to me. I especially enjoyed it when you would read to me when the weather was nice and you had time to kill."

"What was your favorite book then?

"Anything Sherlock, of course."

"Of course," you snicker as you rub your nose against his. He gently pinched your cheek and you whined a bit, frowning.

"I've missed you," he whispered. "Do you mind if I kiss you. Like, right now?"

You laughed at that. Blunt as always. "Go ahead," you said as Shinichi leaned in close, grazing your lips with his. Oh, how you had missed this.

Hello again, those halcyon days.

Short and sweet, kids.

Word count: 754 words

Page count: 8 pages

Yandere Saguru one shot coming next. I am sort of ashamed to say it's inspired off a really creepy as hell and cursed Tiktok I saw the other day.

Comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed!

-Transmitter