🚀there is one impostor among us (pt. 2)🚀

The ten of you were currently gathered in the cafeteria, crowded around the table in the center of the room. The big red button covered by a glass case with the words "emergency meeting" on it made you wonder what would qualify as an emergency meeting.

"We all know each other pretty well since we've worked with each other during training, so should we skip the pleasantries and cut straight to what we need to do?" you asked.

Saguru nodded and pulled off his white helmet, shaking his head, wavy golden locks the color of wheat following suit. He pulled out his matching white tablet and stared at the screen for a bit after turning it on.

"Right, so we already have a bunch of tasks to complete for the day. They should be available on your tablets as well."

All nine of you pulled out your tablets in sync with some shuffling. You pulled out yours with a (f/c) case and powered it on, the blue light illuminating your face.

"Let's see, what do we have here...?" you mumbled as you scrolled through the list of tasks for today. There was a greyed-out "report" button in the bottom right-hand corner for some reason, though. You didn't know what's its purpose was, however.

"So we have to start the reactor, chart the course, stabilize navigation, prime the shields, unlock manifolds, and download data. Wow, a lot already," commented Ran.

"There's also a spot that says 'kitchen duty'. I'm guessing that's for dinner, so who wants to volunteer for that?" asked Kaito.

You and Ran raised your hands. "We'll do it."

Saguru nodded and typed something on his tablet. It showed up a few seconds later on yours.

Kitchen Duty: Ran and (y/n)

"Everyone else, go work on the other tasks. Regroup back here once you're all done," ordered Saguru.

A quick "yes" from everyone and you all split up. You and Ran made your way over to the girl's dorm to change out of your spacesuits into something more comfortable. They were extremely bulky and uncomfortable to wear and move in, so you'd only wear them when needed, such as during liftoff and if you had to leave the spaceship for whatever reason.

You and Ran made small talk as you changed into a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. You pulled on a pair of boots and tied a jacket around your waist in case it got cold.

Making your way out of the dorm and into the kitchen, you put on an apron and donned a pair of gloves before tying your hair back to keep it out of the way.

"What's on the menu for tonight?" you asked. Ran pulled out her pink tablet and checked.

"Says here it's pizza and salad for the main entree, with matcha ice cream for dessert."

"Ooh, sounds good," you said as you pulled open the fridge and gathered the ingredients.

"Should we make the salad first since it's quicker, then make the pizza?" asked Ran.

"Sounds good to me."

You put some music on as you made dinner to make things more lively. Ran's head snapped toward you the moment she heard her favorite song blast through the speakers.

"You didn't-!"

A sly smirk graced your face as she began nodding her head and moving her body to the beat.

And as you both danced and sung the night away, spinning and using a spatula as a fake microphone, all seemed right in the world.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧