🕷spiders🕷heiji x reader (crack-ish)

⚠️Warning: mild swearing⚠️

"Heiji, have you seen my mint green jacket?"

"No, I haven't. Sorry."

You were doing some spring cleaning and Heiji had decided to stop by and help. What a good boyfriend. Right now, you were cleaning out your room and he was tackling the bathroom.

You dug through your closet and pulled out article after article of clothing from the seemingly never-ending mountain.

You pulled out your cropped yellow sweater and stared at it in amazement. "So that's where you were! I've been looking for you all year." You tossed it onto the "keep" pile of clothes on your bed and continued sorting through the mountain until you reached the bottom where you found it.

The mint green jacket.

You grabbed it and held it out in front of you in victory before inspecting it from all angles.

And that's when you saw it.

The biggest, baddest, most evil motherfucker of a spider known to mankind.

You screamed and ran to the bathroom where Heiji was cleaning the mirror, and clung to him.

"Eh? (Y/n)? What's the matter?"

"PROTECT ME, HEIJI! THERE'S A SPIDER IN MY ROOM!" you screeched.

He froze. "Sp-spider?"

"YES, SO PROTECT ME FROM IT! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE THEM!"

"I DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER!"

"JUST DO IT HEIJI, PLEASE!"

He looked around and sighed. "Fine." He ran downstairs and grabbed a shoe before running back up.

"Alright, where is it?"

You pointed to your jacket lying in a heap on the floor. Heiji edged closer to it before he prodded it with his foot a few times.

"I don't see a spider here, (y/n). Sure ya weren't just imaginin' things?"

"That spider was real, Heiji! I saw it scuttling and crawling all over my jacket!" you protested.

"Then where is it now?" he asked, gesturing to the spider-free jacket.

"How would I know? Oh god," you added as an afterthought. "What if it's somewhere else now?"

Heiji visibly shuddered and clung to you. "I don't wanna look for it..."

"If we don't find it now, it's going to come back and haunt us with a vengeance later."

"Fine..."

So, with Heiji armed with a shoe and you armed with a spare hairbrush, you both set out to kill the sin to humanity.

Heiji took the lead with you following behind. First, you inspected the storage room. Nothing there. Then the guest bedroom. Again, nothing there.

You were checking the bathroom and your room once more when out of nowhere, the little shit dropped down in front of your face, suspended by its web, and unfurled its legs. Right in front of your eyes.

You screamed at the top of your lungs, causing Heiji to turn around to kill the spider and freeze up.

"HEIJI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! KILL IT!"

"BU-BUT ITS LEGS! AND IT'S SO BIG AND CREEPY!"

"YOU'RE THE MAN OF THIS RELATIONSHIP! KILL IT!"

"FINE, ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

He took aim at the spider before he chucked the shoe at it with all his might. You were huddled off to the side, staring at it in fear.

"Is it dead?" he asked. You scooched forward and gingerly lifted the shoe up to see a smear of black on the sole and the wall.

"Dead? More like pulverized."

Heiji let out a huge sigh and collapsed next to you. "That was stressful and I'm not doin' that again."

You grinned at your childish boyfriend before kissing him on the cheek. "Aw, but you saved me!"

He couldn't keep the smile off his face at the affection he was receiving and kissed you back on the forehead. "Anythin' for you, (y/n). Now, wanna go downstairs and finish up cleanin' this house?"

You nodded and headed down the stairs after him. The living room passed without much detail. Once you got to the kitchen, however, you groaned and screamed simultaneously at the sight.

Another spider was crawling around on the countertop.

"Nope, sorry (y/n)! You're all alone on this one!"

"HEIJI!"

This was a lot of fun to write not gonna lie

Word count: 681 words (wow that's a lot less than normal)

Page count: 8 pages

Shinichi one shot next that's slightly bittersweet.

Comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed!

-Transmitter