📞telephone📞 kudo shinichi x reader

⚠️Warning: Strong themes of suicide present in this chapter. Don't read if you're uncomfortable with that kind of stuff.⚠️

The loud, booming music of the club echoed through your ears as you downed your shot of tequila. You motioned for the bartender to bring you another glass. Colorful neon lights flashing across the room left you seeing stars as another glass was pushed across the table toward you.

"Hello, hello, baby, you called, I can't hear a thing."

You watched the dancing crowd a few feet in front of you; seeing but not observing. The music died to a rhythmic thumping pulse in your ears and the world seemed sluggish.

"I have got no service in the club, you see, see."

You swished the small amount of tequila in the shot glass around, watching the clear liquid slosh back and forth before chugging it in one gulp. It burned and singed your throat on its way down.

"Wha-wha-what did you say? Oh, you're breaking up on me."

You caught sight of your friend (f/n) on the dance floor, dancing to her heart's content without a single care in the world. The crowd surrounding her cheered her on.

"Sorry, I cannot hear you, I'm kinda busy."

You watched her with a sad smile and a tinge of jealousy resonated in your heart. You would give anything to be in her position right now; dancing without a care and enjoying the prime of your life.

"K-kinda busy, k-kinda busy."

It was her idea. She dragged you here, her favorite nightclub, to have some fun and loosen up.

"Sorry, I cannot hear you, I'm kinda busy."

You thought you'd enjoy it, but you didn't. The music was overplayed and trashy with the bass cranked up all the way, making your ears bleed. The alcohol here was decent but overpriced. You wanted to be on the dance floor, forgetting about the outside world, but something prevented you from doing so.

"Just a second, it's my favorite song they're gonna play."

Your friend caught sight of you watching her.

"Come on, (y/n)!" she slurred, her speech impaired by alcohol. "Join me! It's so much fun down here!"

You smiled and shook your head at her.

"I'm good over here, thanks."

"And I cannot text you with a drink in my hand, eh."

With a tap of your finger, you pushed the shot glass back toward the bartender, who swiftly stopped it. You pulled out a wad of bills from your purse and left them out the table as you got up to leave.

"Keep the change."

"You shoulda made some plans with me, you knew that I was free."

Knowing that (f/n) would never let you leave on her watch, you pressed yourself against the wall and willed yourself to merge into the shadows as you slowly backed away and pushed the door open. Before walking out, you took one last glance at her in her drunkenly happy state.